Rice fields in Milagros
Map of Masbate with Milagros highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Natividad Isabel R. Magbalon|
|• Total||565.30 km2 (218.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Milagros is a first-class municipality in the province of Masbate in the Philippines, facing the Asid Gulf. According to the 2010 Philippine census, the municipality has a population of 52,619 people. It is the largest municipality in the province in terms of land area.
The name Milagros originated from the word milagro which means "miracle of the Lord". The name originates from a legend saying that St. Peter can be found walking on the beaches of this town.
- Moises R. Espinosa
- Poblacion East
- Poblacion West
- Paraiso (Potot)
- San Antonio
- San Carlos
- Tinaclipan (Bato)
|Population census of Milagros|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Politics in Milagros
The former dominant political clan in Milagros was the De Jesus Clan replaced by the Abapo Clan. Outgoing Milagros Mayor Bernadito A. Abapo had her daughter Lovely Abapo in the Masbate Provincial Board. The results of the 2007 Local Elections replaced the Abapo Clan in Milagros. The new municipal mayor is Hon. Dr. Natividad Magbalon.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Province: MASBATE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Milagros, Masbate.|
- Official Homepage of the Province of Masbate
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Aroroy||Baleno / Masbate City / Mobo|