Milano City Marathon
|Milano City Marathon|
Start line in 2019
|Course records||Men's: 2:04:46 (2019)|
Women's: 2:22:25 (2019)
|Official site||Milano City Marathon|
The 2009 edition of the race, initially set for November 2009, was shifted to April the following year. The newly scheduled event featured a marathon, half marathon, and relay marathon event. The move proved popular and at least 7213 runners took part in the activities that year. At the 2011 edition, the marathon and relay events saw more than five thousand participants each, making a record total of 10,203 runners.
The 20th edition of the race, originally scheduled for 2020, was postponed to 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown of Italy, with all registrants given the option of receiving a 100% discount code for the 20th edition, an 80% discount for the 21st, a 60% discount for the 22nd, or a 40% discount for the 23rd.
Key: Course record
- City Marathon, si corre fuori dal traffico. Corriere della Sera (2009-11-24). Retrieved on 2010-04-12.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2010-04-12). Surprise victories for Kipchumba and Mengistu in Milan. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-04-12.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2011-04-10). Bushendich and Mancini beat the heat in Milan. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-04-11.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2012-04-15). Kenyans beat the rain in Milan. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- List of winners
- Civai, Franco (2009-11-29). Citta di Milano Marathon. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2010-04-12.