This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alexa rank||761 (Global, October 2015)|
The service of Milanuncios consists in the insertion of ads, created by the users of the website, in the portal milanuncios.com. This way Milanuncios helps to connect advertisers with those interested in the ad.
So far, the company has only focused on the Spanish market.
Milanuncios is divided into 16 different sections:
- Real Estate
- House and Garden
- Image and Sound
- Books and Education
The posting of ads on the website is completely free of charge both for individuals and for professionals/companies. There is no limit as to how many ads can be posted as long as the Terms and conditions are being respected.
Milanuncios' most important section is Motor followed by Goods. With 372k vehicle ads in August 2012, Milanuncios has the most complete offering in the Spanish market, well ahead of its competitors segundamano.es with 246k ads, and also the specialized motors vertical coches.net (120k ads).
Milanuncios helps to connect advertisers with those interested in the ad but does not mediate between the parties. Therefore, users need to be cautious in their interactions and transactions. As a general norm, the webpage recommends not to pay before receiving the product or service and users should meet in person to close the transaction. The website offers a series of simple filters to facilitate local searches.
The main competitors of Milanuncios are vibbo.com (former segundamano.es), tablondeanuncios.com , anuncios.ebay.es, wallapop.com, poneranuncios.com, mundoanuncio.com and campusanuncios.com.
In Spain, the brand Milanuncios (also known as mil anuncios or 1000 anuncios) became very strong among internet users and has overtaken not only segundamano, but also eBay.
Since its creation in September 2005, Milanuncios' growth was fundamentally organic focusing on a good user experience. In that regard it is a unique example in the online classifieds market of how a small startup without funds become the number one market place in its local market.
By 2012, Milanuncios.com had become the most popular Spanish website for online classifieds:
- 11 million visitors per month compared to 8.2 M of segundamano.es
- 23 million visits per month, 64% more than segundamano.es
- The users of milanuncios.com were spending a total of 364 million minutes on the site in the month of June 2012 — almost doubling the time spent on the site by users of segundamano.es
The portal belongs 100% to Milanuncios SL, a Spanish company that was financed without any external capital injection.
- According to Alexa, milanuncios.com ranks #16 in Spain, well ahead of its biggest competitor segundamano.es with a traffic rank #29.
- SCM Spain completes the acquisition of Milanuncios
- Terms and Conditions of milanuncios.com.
- Data coming from the websites milanuncios.com, segundamano.es, and coches.net searched at the beginning of September 2012.
- Schibsted Compra Trader Anuntis/Segundamano.
- Data according to Google insights for search.
- Data of Google AdPlanner for milanuncios.com and segundamano.es as of June 2012.
- SCM Spain signs agreement to acquire Milanuncios