||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Operator||TAV Airports Holding, Turkish Government Airport Management|
|Elevation AMSL||21 ft / 6 m|
Milas–Bodrum Airport (IATA: BJV, ICAO: LTFE) is an international airport that serves the Turkish towns of Bodrum and Milas. The airport is situated 36 km northeast of the town of Bodrum, and 16 km south of Milas.
A spacious new international terminal was completed in 2000; this then became the domestic terminal in 2012 following the completion of the new international terminal. The old terminal, now reserved for domestic flights, is next to the international terminal. The terminals host about 2.5 million travellers per year, and are especially busy during the peak summer tourism months when charter flights arrive frequently from major cities in Europe.
The new terminal, designed to handle 5 million passengers a year, opened in June 2012 and operation of the airport was transferred to a private company who run the airport on behalf of the Turkish Government. The terminal itself is now large and spacious with additional seating and two outdoor smoking areas which can be accessed, from the departures lounge. Improvements were made to the check in area and the former international terminal was converted into a domestic terminal.
Airlines and destinations
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
- "Azerbaijan Airlines Launches Low-cost AZALJet Service from late-March 2016". airlineroute.
- "AZAL announces a new program of flights to popular Turkish resort cities". ABC.az. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Bulgaria Air Adds Bodrum Charter Schedule in S15". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.
- L, J (14 October 2014). "Lufthansa Adds New Weekend-only Service from Frankfurt in S15". Airline Route.
- Bodrum Airport at the site of Turkey's General Directorate Of State Airports Authority
- Accident history for BJV at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for LTFE at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for LTFE at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for LTFE at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.