|Edited by||Paul Cleary, Peter Donnelly, and Daniel M. Fox|
|The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly: Health and Society, The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly, The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly Bulletin|
John Wiley & Sons on behalf of the Milbank Memorial Fund (United States)
The Milbank Quarterly is a quarterly peer-reviewed healthcare journal covering health care policy. It was established in 1923 and is published by John Wiley & Sons on behalf of the Milbank Memorial Fund, an endowed national foundation funded by Elizabeth Milbank Anderson that supports research of issues related to population health and health policy. It covers topics such as the impact of social factors on health, prevention, allocation of health care resources, legal and ethical issues in health policy, health and health care administration, and the organization and financing of health care.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed by:
- Abstracts in Health Care Management Studies
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology
- Academic ASAP
- Academic Search Elite and Academic Search Premier
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts
- Biological Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Science
- Current Literature in Family Planning
- EBSCO databases
- Index Medicus
- InfoTrac OneFile
- International Bibliography of Sociology
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Nutrition Abstracts and Reviews
- Psychological Abstracts
- Science Citation Index
- Social Sciences Citation Index
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 impact factor of 4.897, ranking it seventh out of 89 journals in the category "Health Care Sciences & Services" and third out of 77 journals in the category "Health Policy & Services".
The journal was established in 1923 as The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly Bulletin. In 1934 it was renamed The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly, and in 1973 The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly: Health and Society. It obtained its current name in 1986.
- "The Milbank Memorial Fund". Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "The Milbank Quarterly: A Multidisciplinary Journal of Population Health and Health Policy - Journal Information". Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Health Care Sciences & Services". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Health Policy & Services". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.