From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The mile (mi.) is an English unit of units of length that equals 1.609344 kilometers. It is sometimes distinguished as the "land mile", "statute mile", or "international mile".
Mile may also refer to:
- geographical mile
- nautical mile (M, NM, nmi)
- metric mile, an informal term for 1500 or 1600 m
- Scandinavian mile (mil)
- Scots mile
- US survey mile
- historical foreign units translated as "mile":
- Arabic mile (الميل, al-mīl)
- Austrian mile (Meile)
- Chinese mile (里, li)
- Croatian mile (milja)
- Danish mile (mil)
- German mile (Meile)
- Greek & Byzantine mile (μίλιον, mílion)
- Hungarian mile (mérföld)
- Irish mile (míle)
- Italian mile (miglio)
- Portuguese mile (milha)
- Prussian mile (Meile)
- Roman mile (mille passus & al.)
- Russian mile (миля, milya)
- Welsh mile (milltir or milldir)
- Airline mile, customer points which may be redeemed for air travel or other rewards.
- Milefo, in Buddhism
- Mile Janakieski, Republic of Macedonia politician
- Mile Jedinak (born 1984), Australian soccer player
- Mile (band), an American rock band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mile.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.