March 30, 1960|
Queens, New York
|College||University of New Haven|
|NFL draft||1982 / Round: 10 / Pick 256
(By the Los Angeles Rams)
|1982–1985||San Diego Chargers|
|Career highlights and awards|
McPherson grew up on Long Island. He attended the University of New Haven, where he majored in engineering. McPherson was the university's first player to achieve All-American honors in football and be drafted into the NFL. He was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Rams; he was cut and went on to play defensive back for the San Diego Chargers.
After battling a drug problem, McPherson became a born again Christian in 1984, and began participating in religious outreach programs. In September 1986, he retired from football; the next week, he enrolled in Azusa Pacific University's School of Theology. He received his Master of Divinity degree in 1991.
In 1992, McPherson founded "Miles Ahead", a non-profit international evangelical organization.
McPherson is the author of several books, including Do Something! Make Your Life Count. and God In The Mirror: Discovering Who You Were Created to Be. He earned an Emmy Award in 2007 as the producer of Master Meth, a documentary on methamphetamine.
- "Personal". www.MilesMcPherson.com.
- "Press: Quick Facts". The Rock Church.
- "Remarks as Prepared for Delivery by Miles McPherson". Republican National Convention. September 2, 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Rock Church (2013-01-03), Rock Church - Good Morning America w/ Pastor Miles McPherson, retrieved 2016-05-03
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "Miles McPherson". Amazon.com. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- McPherson, Miles (November 1, 2009). Do Something! Make Your Life Count. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books. ISBN 978-0801013324.
- McPherson, Miles (March 15, 2013). God In The Mirror: Discovering Who You Were Created to Be. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books. ISBN 978-0801013331.