|Born||1980 (age 36–37)|
|Genres||Jazz, soul, hip hop, fusion, rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter vocalist composer producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, double bass, guitar, piano, violin,|
|Associated acts||West Coast Get Down, Andra Day, Jonathan Davis and the SFA, Mos Def, Chris Cornell, Lauryn Hill, Kendrick Lamar, Kamasi Washington, Jason Mraz, Joni Mitchell, Melissa Etheridge, Gnarls Barkley, Terrence Howard, Common, Jeff Beck|
Miles Mosley is a vocalist, upright bassist, composer, arranger and Producer from Hollywood, California. He was named after Miles Davis.
Life and career
Miles Mosley was trained in classical music and jazz at Colburn School of Music in downtown L.A. Mosley has studied with some of jazz's finest musicians, including John Clayton, Ray Brown and Al McKibbon. He claims he picked the upright bass because it was the only instrument at his school that he did not have to bring home with him. A true force on the upright bass, incorporating effects pedals, his bow, his vocals and a horn section for his one-of-a-kind forward leaning solo projects, his music is a blend of jazz, soul, funk and rock. Mosley's style has often been described as if Jimi Hendrix played upright bass in Prince's band. In 2016, Mosley was mentioned in Vanity Fair's Jazz Youth Quake feature.
Throughout the years Mosley has written, composed, performed live, appeared in videos and recorded for various artists including Chris Cornell, Jonathan Davis, Everlast, Terrence Howard, Joni Mitchell, Lauryn Hill, Gnarls Barkley, Jeff Beck, Common, Christina Aguilera, Lesa Carlson, and Kamasi Washington.
A founding member of the acclaimed collective, The West Coast Get Down, Mosley has released albums containing his own solo work, in addition to recording and touring with artists including Jonathan Davis (Korn), Miss Lauryn Hill (as her Musical Director and bassist), Harvey Mason, Kendrick Lamar, India Arie, Chris Cornell, Mos Def, Common and Andra Day. His newest project is with West Coast Get Down drummer, Tony Austin - a duo called BFI - their music is described as 'heavy soul', a mix of soul and rock.
- 2005 - As a solo artist - Sicaceremony
- 2006 - India.Arie - Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship
- 2006 - As a solo artist - Taming the Proud
- 2007 - Chris Cornell - Carry On
- 2007 - Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
- 2007 - Jonathan Davis and the SFA - Alone I Play
- 2007 - As a solo artist - Bear
- 2008 - Terrence Howard - Shine Through It
- 2008 - Everlast - Love, War and the Ghost of Whitey Ford
- 2008 - Kenny Loggins - How About Now
- 2015 - Andra Day - Cheers to the Fall (album)
- 2015 - Kamasi Washington - The Epic
- 2015 - Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly (album)
- 2016 - As a solo artist - "Abraham" - (single) [Alpha Pup Records/World Galaxy]
- 2017 - "UPRISING" (featuring his Collective The West Coast Get Down)
- TBA - Jonathan Davis - Debut solo album
|This article about a United States jazz musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|