|Alma mater||New York University, Parsons School of Design|
Miles Redd is an American interior designer based in New York City. He studied fashion design at Parsons School of Design and film at New York University, and served as the creative director of Oscar de la Renta Home from 2003-13. Redd started his own practice in 1998 after honing his skills with antiques dealer John Rosselli and decorator Bunny Williams.
Redd is on Elle Decor's "A-List of Interior Designers," and is a member of Architectural Digest's "AD100," which names "the world’s preeminent architects and designers." His work can be found in decorating and design magazines such as Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Veranda, and Vogue..
Produced in 2012 with luxury book publisher Assouline, The Big Book of Chic is Redd's first book. Redd has been published in other design tomes, including Inspired Design: The 100 Most Important Designers of the Past 100 Years by Jennifer Boles, Interiors: The Greatest Rooms of the Century by Phaidon Press, and Making Rooms Your Own by Editors of the New York Social Diary.
Redd has appeared in video content including simultaneous house tours of his New York and Fire Island Pines residences for The New York Times T Magazine as well as videos by Architectural Digest and popular decorating blog Quintessence.
The decorator ventured into product design with his fabric, wallcovering, and fabric collection for trade textile house Schumacher, as well as rugs for their sister company Patterson Flynn & Martin. In Fall 2017, Redd partnered with omnichannel retail company Ballard Designs on an extensive collection of furniture, accessories, lighting; and, introduced in 2018, outdoor furniture.
In January 2019, Redd announced his new business partner David Kaihoi and renamed his once-eponymous firm Redd Kahoi. With their office located in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea, the firm works on residential design projects for clients nationally as well as internationally.
- Costello, Sara Ruffin (2016-07-15). "One Lavish Decorator's Super Simple Beach Retreat". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- Murphy, Natasha. "20 Questions for Miles Redd - AH&L". AH&L. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- Suqi, Rima (2012-09-12). "Shopping With Miles Redd for Mirrored Accessories". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Roses Are Redd". NYMag.com. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Tour Miles Redd's New Manhattan Office". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- Bobb, Brooke. "Designer Miles Redd Channels Matisse for a Worthy Cause". T Magazine. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Oscar de la Renta and Miles Redd launch tabletop". editoratlarge.com. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Oscar de la Renta Home's Miles Redd Tells Us What He's Thankful For". Lonny. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- Murphy, Natasha. "20 Questions for Miles Redd". AH&L. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Top Architects and Designers - AD100 2014". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "2017 AD100: Miles Redd". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- Nast, Condé. "Miles Redd Gives This Cali Home A Regal Remodeling". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "A Townhouse with Luscious Color". House Beautiful. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "What Interior Designers' Homes Really Look Like". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Well-Lived: Maximalist Houston Home". Veranda. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "The Big Book of Chic". ASSOULINE. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Inspired Design | Vendome Press | Publisher of Art and Illustrated Books". Vendome Press. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Interiors: The Greatest Rooms of the Century (Midnight Blue Edition) | Design | Phaidon Store". Phaidon. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Hirsch, Jeff. "Making Rooms Your Own: Lessons from Interior Designers - Rizzoli New York". www.rizzoliusa.com. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Anastacio, Barbara. "House Tour | Miles Redd". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Bewkes, Stacey (2018-01-21). "At Home and in the Office with Miles Redd". Quintessence. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Architectural Digest (2016-12-20), Miles Redd’s Dinner Party Must Haves | Architectural Digest, retrieved 2019-07-23
- "Schumacher". www.fschumacher.com. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Miles Redd – Luxury Rugs -PFM -Patterson Flynn Martin". Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Introducing Miles Redd's Debut Collection for Ballard Designs". How to Decorate. 2017-07-31. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Nast, Condé. "Miles Redd Announces New Partner and Renames Firm Redd Kaihoi". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Information". Redd Kaihoi. Retrieved 2019-07-23.