Milford, New Zealand
Milford is a suburb of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. It is located on Auckland's North Shore on the northern side of Lake Pupuke. It also has a popular swimming beach, which runs some two kilometers from Black Rock in the south to Castor Bay in the north. The Wairau Creek reaches the sea at the Hauraki Gulf at the northern end of Milford Beach, and its lower tidal reaches host the Milford Marina.
Milford, comprising the statistical areas of Milford West and Milford Central, had a population of 5,019 at the 2018 New Zealand census, an increase of 252 people (5.3%) since the 2013 census, and an increase of 246 people (5.2%) since the 2006 census. There were 2,025 households. There were 2,358 males and 2,664 females, giving a sex ratio of 0.89 males per female, with 720 people (14.3%) aged under 15 years, 822 (16.4%) aged 15 to 29, 2,262 (45.1%) aged 30 to 64, and 1,215 (24.2%) aged 65 or older.
Ethnicities were 72.4% European/Pākehā, 4.1% Māori, 1.2% Pacific peoples, 24.3% Asian, and 3.4% other ethnicities (totals add to more than 100% since people could identify with multiple ethnicities).
The proportion of people born overseas was 40.4%, compared with 27.1% nationally.
Although some people objected to giving their religion, 50.5% had no religion, 37.8% were Christian, and 6.0% had other religions.
Of those at least 15 years old, 1,602 (37.3%) people had a bachelor or higher degree, and 408 (9.5%) people had no formal qualifications. The employment status of those at least 15 was that 1,980 (46.1%) people were employed full-time, 585 (13.6%) were part-time, and 126 (2.9%) were unemployed.
Rolls are as of November 2020.
- "Statistical area 1 dataset for 2018 Census". Statistics New Zealand. March 2020. Milford West (125400) and Milford Central (125900). 2018 Census place summary: Milford West 2018 Census place summary: Milford Central
- "Milford Centre: The shopping centre that dares to be different". ICG. theregister.co.nz. 20 June 2017.
- Gibson, Anne (14 January 2019). "$200m Milford plans reignited: Application lodged for 9-level apartment block". New Zealand Media and Entertainment. New Zealand Herald.
- "Milford Centre". milfordcentre.co.nz. NZRPG.
- Education Counts: Carmel College
- "About Carmel College". Carmel College. Retrieved 25 January 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Education Counts: Milford School
- "Back to the future for Milford Primary". Shore News. 17 October 2001. p. 13.
- "New Zealand Schools Directory". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 23 February 2020.