Milford Square, Pennsylvania
|Milford Square, Pennsylvania|
Location of Milford Square in Bucks County
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||18935 and 18951|
|Area code(s)||215 & 267|
Milford Square is a census-designated place in Milford Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It is located along PA Route 663 near the borough of Trumbauersville. As of the 2010 census, the population was 897 residents. While the village has a PO Box post office with the zip code of 18935, the surrounding area uses the Quakertown zip code of 18951. It is located on the Unami Creek (also called Swamp Creek) which drains into the Perkiomen Creek. It was known as Heistville after the Heist family who operated Achey's Mill and built a mill house next to it until c. 1850.
Campbell's Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. It is also home to Achey's Bridge, the first concrete-reinforced bridge in America. Following the design of Henry Mercer. The bridge now sits on private property.
- "2010 Census". Census.gov. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "ZIP Code 18935, MILFORD SQUARE PA, U.S. ZIP Codes, Database - MILFORD SQUARE Pennsylvania PA Map". Zip-codes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "Quakertown Pennsylvania ZIP Code Map Free". HipCodes.com. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- "History of Milford Township, Bucks County Pennsylvania". Milfordtownship.org. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
||Lower Milford Township, Lehigh County||Steinsburg||Brick Tavern|
|This Bucks County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|