Military Ordinariate of Lithuania
|Military Ordinariate of Lithuania|
Lietuvos kariuomenes ordinariatas
|Established||25 November 2000 (17 years ago)|
|Bishop||Vacant (Sede vacante)|
The Military Ordinariate of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos kariuomenes ordinariatas) is a military ordinariate of the Roman Catholic Church. Immediately subject to the Holy See, it provides pastoral care to Roman Catholics serving in the Lithuanian Armed Forces and their families.
The military ordinariate was established by Pope John Paul II on 25 November 2000.
- Eugenijus Bartulis (appointed 25 November 2000 – resigned 19 June 2010)
- Gintaras Grusas (appointed 19 June 2010 – named Archbishop of Vilnius 5 April 2013)
- Military Ordinariate of Lithuania (Catholic-Hierarchy)
- Lietuvos kariuomenės ordinariatas (GCatholic.org)
- Agreement between the Holy See and the Republic of Lithuania (Vatican website)