Military Ordinariate of Paraguay
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Military Bishopric of Paraguay|
Obispado de las Fuerzas Armadas y la Policia Nacional del Paraguay
|Established||20 December 1961 (56 years ago)|
|Bishop||Adalberto Martínez Flores|
The Military Bishopric of Paraguay (Spanish: Obispado de las Fuerzas Armadas y la Policia Nacional del Paraguay) is a military ordinariate of the Roman Catholic Church. Immediately subject to the Holy See, it provides pastoral care to Roman Catholics serving in the Paraguayan Armed Forces and their families.
It was established as a military vicariate on 20 December 1961, but the first military vicar was not appointed until 7 December 1965. It was elevated to a military ordinariate on 21 July 1986.
- Augustin Rodríguez (appointed 7 December 1965 – died 1969)
- Juan Moleón Andreu (appointed 1 February 1972 – died 20 September 1980 )
- No military vicars (1980–1986).
- No military ordinaries (1986–1992).
- Pastor Cuquejo, C.Ss.R. (appointed 5 May 1992 – transferred to the Archdiocese of Asunción 15 June 2002)
- Ricardo Valenzuela Rios (appointed 24 May 2003 – transferred to the Diocese of Villarrica del Espíritu Santo 25 Jun 2010)
- Adalberto Martínez Flores (appointed 14 Mar 2012)
- Military Ordinariate of Paraguay (Catholic-Hierarchy)
- Obispado de las Fuerzas Armadas y la Policia Nacional del Paraguay (GCatholic.org)