Military Ordinariate of Portugal
|Military Ordinariate of Portugal
Ordinariato Castrense de Portugal
|Established||29 May 1966 (50 years ago)|
|Bishop||Manuel da Silva Rodrigues Linda|
The Military Ordinariate of Portugal (Portuguese: Ordinariato Castrense de Portugal) is a military ordinariate of the Roman Catholic Church. Immediately subject to the Holy See, it provides pastoral care to Roman Catholics serving in the Portuguese Armed Forces and their families.
It was established as a military vicariate 29 May 1966, and was elevated to a military ordinariate on 21 July 1986.
- Manuel Gonçalves Cerejeira (appointed 1966 – retired 1972)
- António Ribeiro (appointed 24 January 1972 – became Military Ordinary 21 July 1986)
- António Ribeiro (appointed 21 July 1986 – died 24 March 1998)
- Januário Torgal Mendes Ferreira (2001 - 2013)
- Manuel da Silva Rodrigues Linda (2013 - current incumbent)
- Ordinariato Castrense (Official website)
- Military Ordinariate of Portugal (Catholic-Hierarchy)
- Ordinariato Castrense de Portugal / Diocese das Forças Armadas e de Segurança (GCatholic.org)