A military government is generally any government that is administrated by military forces, whether this government is legal or not under the laws of the jurisdiction at issue, and whether this government is formed by natives or by an occupying power.
Types of military government include:
- Military occupation of acquired foreign territory and the administration thereof
- Martial law, temporary military rule of domestic territory
- Military junta, extralegal rule of a country by military committee, usually after a coup d'état
- Military dictatorship, an authoritarian government controlled by a military and its political designees
- Stratocracy, a government traditionally or constitutionally run by a military
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.