Seychelles People's Defence Force
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Seychelles People's Defence Force|
Seychelles Coat of Arms
Seychelles Air Force|
Seychelles Coast Guard
|Commander-in-Chief||President Danny Faure|
|Chief of Defence Forces||Brigadier Leopold Payet|
|Military age||18 years of age|
|males age 15-49: 23,210 (2002 est.), age 15–49|
|males age 15-49: 11,560 (2002 est.), age 15–49|
|Active personnel||650 (2012)|
|Budget||€9.7 million (2012)|
|Percent of GDP||1% (2012)|
|Ranks||Military ranks of the Seychelles|
The Seychelles People's Defence Force consists of a number of distinct branches: including an Infantry Unit, Coast Guard, Air Force and a Presidential Protection Unit.
The Seychelles Coast Guard is the maritime arm of the Seychelles People's Defence Force.
- 1 42m patrol boat - 268 tons full load - commissioned 1983
- 2 Type 062-class gunboats Donated by UAE
- 2 Type 062-class gunboats Donated by China
- 2 SDB Mk5 patrol vessels - SCG Constant and SCG Topaz built by GRSE of India to Seychelles defence as INS Tarasa and INS Tarmugli and donated by India in 2014 and 2015.
The Seychelles Air Force was originally formed in 1978 as the Air Wing and has the following aircraft:
|Dornier 228||Germany||SAR / utility||1||Gifted from India|
|DHC-6 Twin Otter||Canada||SAR / utility||1||STOL capable aircraft|
- "Arms Trade Register". SIPRI. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Nation Home". Nation.sc. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- [dead link]
- Martin, Guy. "India donates Do 228 surveillance aircraft to Seychelles". Defenceweb.co.za.
- "World Air Forces 2017". Flightglobal Insight. 2017. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Military of Seychelles.|
|This Seychelles-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This African military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|