Milk & Honey (bar)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Milk & Honey|
Milk & Honey Logo
|Current owner(s)||Jonathan Downey & Sasha Petraske|
|Postal code/ZIP||W1F 7NU|
|Reservations||07000 mlkhny (07000 655 469)|
|Other locations||New York City|
Milk & Honey is an award-winning cocktail bar in Soho, London and the Flatiron District, Manhattan. The London branch is operated as a private members' club, although non-members can visit before 11pm with a prior reservation.
The club operates a set of House Rules, which are:
- No name-dropping, no star fucking.
- No hooting, hollering, shouting or other loud behaviour.
- No fighting, play fighting, no talking about fighting.
- Gentlemen will remove their hats. Hooks are provided.
- Gentlemen will not introduce themselves to ladies. Ladies, feel free to start a conversation or ask the bartender to introduce you. If a man you don't know speaks to you, please lift your chin slightly and ignore him.
- Do not linger outside the front door.
- Do not bring anyone unless you would leave that person alone in your home. You are responsible for the behaviour of your guests.
- Exit the bar briskly and silently. People are trying to sleep across the street. Please make all your travel plans and say all farewells before leaving the bar.
Membership of Milk & Honey London also includes automatic membership of Danger of Death Brick Lane and access to Milk & Honey NY.
In their words,
Our membership scheme is not a traditional one – there are no formal vetting and approval procedures, no referees or contacts required. In short, nothing wanky. Just apply. Act like a grown up and you can enjoy easy late drinking in London, New York and the French Alps for a change. There are no free memberships, so please don't ask. It doesn't matter who you are or who you think you know.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Milk & Honey London has won the following awards:
- Flavour Magazine Best Bar 2003
- Flavour Magazine Best Customer Service 2003
- Class Magazine Best Bar 2003
- Class Magazine Best Bar 2004
- Class Magazine Classic Bar 2004
- Time Out Best Bar 2004
- Observer Food Monthly Best place in Britain for a drink 2004
- Australian Bartender Magazine Best Bar in the World 2007
- Class Magazine Best Bar 2008
- Australian Bartender Magazine Best Bar in the World 2008 
- Drinks International No 1 in their Top 50 Best Bars in the World Feature 2009
- Tim Philips CLASS Magazine Bartender of the Year (Milk & Honey) 2009
- "Milk & Honey". mlkhny.com. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- "London's top five Soho cocktail bars". The Guardian. July 27, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- Simonson, Robert (May 29, 2012). "Moving On, Adding a Sign Out Front". The New York Times. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- "House Rules". Milk & Honey. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "Join". Milk & Honey. Retrieved 21 August 2015.