Mill Creek Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Mill Creek Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
Location of Mill Creek Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||23.7 sq mi (61.3 km2)|
|• Land||23.7 sq mi (61.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|• Density||39/sq mi (15.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085921|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Mechanic Township, Holmes County - north
- Clark Township, Holmes County - northeast corner
- Crawford Township - east
- White Eyes Township - southeast corner
- Keene Township - south
- Bethlehem Township - southwest corner
- Clark Township - west
No municipalities are located in Mill Creek Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Mill Creek Township is located in Williams County.
Mill Creek Township was organized in July, 1817.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Mill Creek township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 556.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.