Mill Hill County High School
|Type||Partially selective academy|
|Headteacher||Mr Geoffrey Thompson|
|Chair of Governors||Mr M Dannell|
|DfE URN||137386 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Apollo, Gemini, Saturn, Mariner, Capricorn|
Mill Hill County High School is a large secondary school with academy status located in Mill Hill, London, England. It was the first comprehensive school in the United Kingdom to have had a student taken on the prestigious Morehead-Cain merit scholarship program in the United States and is an official Morehead-Cain nominating school.
In accordance with the school's specialism in technology, the school selects 10% of its intake through a test of abstract reasoning. A further 15% are selected via auditions for musical and dance ability. The remaining places are allocated to applicants who have a sibling at the school, or who live near to the school.
Orange Hill Grammar School notable students
- Mill Hill School, nearby independent school
- literally "I make for/seek/aim for higher things". Stone, Jon R. (2004). The Routledge Dictionary of Latin Quotations: The Illiterati's Guide to Latin Maxims, Mottoes, Proverbs, and Sayings. Routledge. p. 136. ISBN 978-0-415-96909-3.
- , Morehead-Cain British Nominating Schools.
- Head's Introduction, Mill Hill County High School.
- Prospectus, Mill Hill County High School.
- J Gunzi (2006-05-05). "Welcome Back, David Dein" (PDF). Head's Newsletter. Mill Hill County High School. p. 9. Retrieved 2008-11-17.