Millaa Millaa, Queensland
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Millaa Millaa lookout (also called Gentle Annie lookout) presents 180-degree views from the northwest to the southeast of the Atherton Tableland
|Population||290 (2016 census)|
|Elevation||830 m (2,723 ft)|
Millaa Millaa is a small town and locality on the Atherton Tableland in Far North Queensland, Australia. It is located approximately 60 kilometres (37 mi) west of Innisfail, north of Ravenshoe, south of Malanda. In the 2016 census Millaa Millaa had a population of 290 people.
The town is known for the Millaa Millaa Falls, the Millaa Millaa lookout and rolling green meadows that enjoy high rainfall. The Millaa Millaa Vine (Elaeagnus triflora) is the origin of the place name for Millaa Millaa (the English version of the word). It's a vine with a similar habit to Bougainvillea, somewhat sprawling all over the place.
Millaa Millaa Library opened in 2002.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Millaa Millaa (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Millaa Millaa - town (entry 22066)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Millaa Millaa - locality (entry 48757)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Archived from the original on 15 May 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "ATHERTON TABLELAND NOTES". Townsville Daily Bulletin. LII, (99). Queensland, Australia. 9 May 1930. p. 5. Retrieved 24 September 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 16. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "Millaa Millaa Falls (entry 602449)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Millaa Millaa State School". Archived from the original on 22 January 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Millaa Millaa State School Centenary Celebrations". Archived from the original on 21 January 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Millaa Millaa Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 22 December 2015. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Archived from the original on 26 December 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
Media related to Millaa Millaa, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This Far North Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|