|Millard J. Erickson|
June 24, 1932 |
Isanti County, Minnesota
|Notable work||Christian Theology, Truth or Consequences|
|Era||Late 20th and early 21st centuries|
|Tradition or movement||Evangelical|
Millard J. Erickson (24 June 1932), born in Isanti County, Minnesota is a Christian theologian, professor of theology, and author. He has written the widely acclaimed systematics work Christian Theology as well as over 20 other books.
Currently, Erickson is Distinguished Professor of Theology at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. He was professor of theology and academic dean at Bethel University seminary for many years. He also taught at Baylor University. He earned a B.A. from the University of Minnesota, a B.D. from Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, an M.A. from the University of Chicago, and a Ph.D. from Northwestern University.
Erickson, an ordained Baptist minister, is a fairly conservative evangelical and only moderately Calvinistic. He is accommodating of alternate views on a number of issues, but one of the most vocal opponents of the most liberal side of evangelicalism. Erickson is also a prominent critic of open theism and postmodern Christianity, including the Emerging Church movement.
- Christian Theology, Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1 August 1998, ISBN 978-0-8010-2182-4, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Basic Guide to Eschatology, Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1 December 1998, ISBN 978-0-8010-5836-3, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Introducing Christian Doctrine, Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1 April 2001, ISBN 978-0-8010-2250-0, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Truth or Consequences, Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 25 September 2001, ISBN 978-0-8308-2657-5, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Erickson, Millard; Taylor, Justin; Helseth, Paul, eds. (9 November 2004), Reclaiming The Center, Wheaton: Crossway, ISBN 978-1-58134-568-1, retrieved 16 January 2013
- What Does God Know And When Does He Know It: The Current Controversy Over Divine Foreknowledge, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1 May 2006, ISBN 978-0-310-27338-7, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Who's Tampering With the Trinity?, Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 16 April 2009, ISBN 978-0-8254-2589-9, retrieved 16 January 2013
- Millard Erickson 1984-1992, retrieved 2013-01-15