Millbrook Healthcare is a provider of community equipment services, wheelchair services, and Technology Enabled Care services. It also runs a home improvement agency and was awarded the Foundations HIA Service of the Year Award 2017.
The firm is based in Southampton, where it was founded in 1946 as an upholstery business.
It has provided wheelchair services for Plymouth and South Hams since 2011. It took over the contract for wheelchair provision in Hampshire in 2014. At that time there was a waiting list of around 18 months. It took over the service in Kent in April 2017.
In August 2018 four disability groups in Kent wrote to the Clinical commissioning groups and MPs in the county to say that they “no longer had any confidence in Millbrook to provide the wheelchair service across Kent”, or in the ability of Thanet CCG to manage the contract, worth £5.1 million a year.
- "HIA Awards". Foundations. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Our history". Millbrook Healthcare. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "400th Peugeot van joins Millbrook Healthcare Fleet". Peugeot Media Site. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Millbrook Healthcare opts for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter". Transport Engineer. 1 May 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "New wheelchair service centre is opened boasting the best facilities in the UK". Plymouth Herald. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Hampshire wheelchair waiting list may take 18 months to clear". Portsmouth News. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "How do you get a wheelchair in Kent? Contract has been won by private firm Millbrook Healthcare and it starts on April 1". Kent News. 27 March 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "West Dorset Care and Repair becomes a Dorset wide service". Blackmore Vale Magazine. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Pring, John (9 August 2018). "Legal action threat over wheelchair service's 'bullying, delays and poor service'". Disability News Service. Retrieved 11 August 2018.