|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Industry||Film, home entertainment, distribution|
|Predecessor||First Look Studios (1993-2010)
Millenium Entertainment (2010-2014)
|Founded||2010 (as Millennium Entertainment)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Bill Lee, CEO|
|Products||Independent theatrical films, DVD, Blu-ray|
Alchemy (formerly Millennium Entertainment) is an American independent global film distributor based in Los Angeles, California. The company acquires and distributes feature films, television series and specialty programming. Its staff includes marketing and distribution specialist Brooke Ford and Andy Gruenberg.
Following its formation in 2010, the company marked its first noteworthy theatrical release in 2011 with Trust, starring Academy Award nominees Clive Owen, Catherine Keener, and Viola Davis. Other 2011 theatrical releases include Puncture, starring Chris Evans; Trespass starring Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman; Little Birds, starring Juno Temple and Kay Panabaker; and Richard Linklater's Bernie, co-written by Skip Hollandsworth and Linklater, starring Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey.
In 2012, Millennium Entertainment-distributed titles included Stolen with Nicolas Cage; Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's thriller Intruders, starring Clive Owen and Carice van Houten, from a screenplay by Nicolás Casariego and Jaime Marques; and The Paperboy, starring Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, and Zac Efron.
Alchemy owns and operates a film library consisting of over 1,000 titles, including Paris, Je’TAime, Transsiberian, and The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, as well as the recent titles Elephant White, starring Djimon Hounsou and Kevin Bacon; Shadows and Lies, starring James Franco; and Blitz, starring Jason Statham.
Television series released by Alchemy include The Cosby Show, Baywatch, and A Different World. First Look Studios originally released all eight seasons of The Cosby Show, A Different World, and other shows on DVD, but they eventually filed bankruptcy in 2010. Millennium Entertainment acquired all of First Look Studios’ assets, and continued to release them in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and other U.S. Territories.
In April 2013, it was announced that Millennium Entertainment would be sold, and an investment company, Salem Partners, would assist in the sale. In August 2014, the company's library and distribution assets had been sold to a consortium consisting of its current management and Virgo Investment Group. The new owners renamed the company Alchemy in January 2015, finally cutting ties to its former sister company Millennium Films.
- The Cosby Show
- A Different World
- Flipping Out
- Guy's Big Bite
- Hell's Kitchen
- The Invisible Man
- McMillan & Wife
- The Millionaire Matchmaker
- The Rachel Zoe Project
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Alpha Males Experiment
- The Babymakers
- Buck Wild
- Dead Awake
- Dead Sushi
- The Elephant in the Living Room
- Elephant White
- Elsa & Fred
- Faces in the Crowd
- High Road
- The Iceman
- Life of a King
- The Liquidator
- Little Birds
- A Little Bit of Heaven
- The Nocturnal
- Playing Dirty
- Red Lights
- Rob the Mob
- The Runner
- Shadows & lies
- So Undercover
- Straight A's
- Stuck in Love
- The Ultimate Yogi
- Upside Down
- The Wedding Weekend
- Welcome to Me
- What Maisie Knew
- UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Video Asia
- "Millennium Entertainment Company Profile". Millennium Entertainment. Millennium Entertainment. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Ford, Brooke. "Brook Ford | LinkedIn". LinkedIn. LinkedIn. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Millennium Entertainment - Production Company | Backstage". Backstage. Backstage. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Millennium On The Block; Salem Partners To Handle Sale Of Distribution Unit. Deadline.com (April 22, 2013).
- "Millennium Entertainment [us]". IMDb. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Ofgang, Kenneth. "Court Revives Suit Over Profits From Ving Rhames Movie.". Metropolitan News-Enterprise. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "FIRST LOOK MEDIA INC (FIRST:OTC US): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek". Businessweek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "First Look Studios Acquired by Millennium Entertainment.". Blu-ray.com. Blu-ray.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Millennium Entertainment TV Shows". DVD Empire.com. Right Ascension, Inc. Retrieved 5 March 2013.