Miller, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
|Population||3,237 (2016 census)|
|Location||38 km (24 mi) SW of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Liverpool|
Miller Central is currently managed by Savills (NSW) Pty Ltd. It is a community shopping centre featuring Woolworths, Aldi, and approximately 32 other specialty shops. Miller Shopping Centre was sold to new owners in early 2011 and renovations were completed to improve the suburbs appeal. The Avala will provide 145 apartments over 3 towers at 9 storeys in height and retail on ground floor.
Miller was part of the Green Valley housing estate which was developed between 1961 and 1965. It was named after Peter Miller, an early landholder in the Green Valley area.. When in construction, the top soil was trucked over to the north of sydney, leaving clay exposed.
- Miller Technology High School contains an English-language program for immigrant children from the entire Liverpool council area.
- Miller Public School
- Miller College
At the 2016 census, the suburb of Miller recorded a population of 3,237 people. The median age of people in Miller was 36 years, compared to the national median of 38 years. Children aged under 15 years made up 21.7% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 13% of the population. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 3.9% of the population. Just over half (55.9%) of people were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 66.7%; the next most common countries of birth were Lebanon (5.6%), Vietnam (5.0%), Fiji (2.5%), Iraq (1.7%) and New Zealand (1.7%). Just under half (45.5%) of the population spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were Arabic (18.6%), Vietnamese (8.1%), Hindi (2.2%), Samoan (1.9%) and Spanish (1.8%). The most common responses for religion were Catholic 22.5% and Islam 20.6%. The median household income was $739 per week, just under half the national median of $1,438 per week. The average household size was 2.7 people.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Miller (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- The Book of Sydney Suburbs, Compiled by Frances Pollen, Angus & Robertson Publishers, 1990, Published in Australia ISBN 0-207-14495-8
- "Miller Technology High School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller Public School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller College - TAFE NSW". South Western Sydney Institute. Archived from the original on 20 March 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miller, New South Wales.|
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|