Miller, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Miller Shopping Centre
|Population||3,088 (2011 census)|
|Location||38 km (24 mi) SW of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Liverpool|
Miller Shopping Centre is currently managed by Savills (NSW) Pty Ltd. It is a community shopping centre featuring Woolworths, Aldi, and approximately 32 other specialty shops. Miller Shopping Centre was sold to new owners in early 2011 and plans are currently in place for renovations to commence to improve its appeal and status in the community.
- Miller Technology High School contains an English-language program for immigrant children from the entire Liverpool council area.
- Miller Public School
- Miller College
At the 2011 census, the suburb of Miller recorded a population of 3,088 people. The median age of people in Miller was 33 years, compared to the national median of 37 years. Children aged under 15 years made up 23% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 13% of the population. Just over half (58%) of people were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 70%; the next most common countries of birth were Lebanon (5.6%), Vietnam (5.0%), Fiji (2.5%), Iraq (1.7%) and New Zealand (1.7%). Just under half (48%) of the population spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were Arabic (16.9%), Vietnamese (7.5%), Hindi (3.0%), Spanish (1.9%) and Samoan (1.7%). The median household income was $593 per week, just under half the national median of $1,234 per week. The average household size was 2.7 people.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Miller (State Suburbs)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- The Book of Sydney Suburbs, Compiled by Frances Pollen, Angus & Robertson Publishers, 1990, Published in Australia ISBN 0-207-14495-8
- "Miller Technology High School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller Public School". NSW Department of Education. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Miller College - TAFE NSW". South Western Sydney Institute. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miller, New South Wales.|
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|