Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles
|Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles|
|Also known as||Million Dollar Listing|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||64 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 to 44 minutes|
|Production company(s)||World of Wonder Productions|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||August 29, 2006– present|
|Followed by||Million Dollar Listing New York
Million Dollar Listing Miami
Million Dollar Listing San Francisco
Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles (previously Million Dollar Listing) is an American reality television series on Bravo that debuted on August 29, 2006. The series chronicles the professional and personal lives of four real estate agents based in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Malibu, California as they sell high-end properties. It also gives viewers an inside look at the world of high-priced real estate in Los Angeles County.
- Josh Flagg, (season 1–present)
- Josh Altman, (season 4–present)
- James Harris, (season 7–present)
- David Parnes, (season 7–present)
- Chad Rogers, (seasons 1–3)
- Madison Hildebrand, (seasons 1–6)
- Madison Hildebrand, (seasons 7-present)
|Current cast members|
|Former cast members|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||6||August 29, 2006||October 3, 2006|
|2||6||August 5, 2008||September 9, 2008|
|3||9||October 12, 2009||December 11, 2009|
|4||9||February 3, 2011||March 29, 2011|
|5||10||June 6, 2012||August 15, 2012|
|6||12||August 7, 2013||October 23, 2013|
|7||12||August 20, 2014||November 5, 2014|
|8||TBA||September 2, 2015||TBA|
The series was announced on July 15, 2005, as Million Dollar Listing: Hollywood. The title would later change to Million Dollar Listing and premiered on August 29, 2006. The first season encompasses two real estate agencies, one in Hollywood and one in Malibu. Numerous agents were featured during the season (including Madison Hildebrand, who appeared in later seasons). Episodes showcased real estate listings starting from the beginning of the selling process to close. The story lines ranged from a woman who was a hysterical divorcee forced to sell her multi-million dollar home, to an agent whose personal ties to the seller (her ex-fiance) get in the way of a potential sale.
Season 2 premiered on August 5, 2008, almost two years after the prior season. The format of the program changed, focusing on specific agents as opposed to real estate companies. The season featured three Los Angeles real estate agents, Josh Flagg, Madison Hildebrand and Chad Rogers.
Season 3 of Million Dollar Listing premiered on Bravo on Monday October 12, 2009. It examines the falling real estate market and the three agents' tactics in staying afloat.
It was announced on August 2, 2011, that Million Dollar Listing was renewed for a fifth season. The show title was officially changed to Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles after the premiere of Million Dollar Listing New York, with the fifth season premiere on June 6, 2012. The series was renewed for its sixth season on April 2, 2013, which premiered on August 7, 2013. Season 6 averaged 1.3 million total viewers, compared to season five which averaged over 1 million total viewers.
Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles was renewed for a seventh season on October 25, 2013. Season 7 premiered on August 20, 2014, with James Harris and David Parnes joining the cast and Hildebrand departing.
In March 2015, Bravo renewed Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles for an eighth season. Season 8 is set to return September 2 2015 with all of the cast returning. Former cast mate Madison Hildebrand will be making another guest appearance this season.
- "It's Big Money and High-Drama with the Premiere of Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing" on Tuesday, August 29 at 9:00 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. July 26, 2006. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Steven Kurutz (August 6, 2008). "Inflated Egos in a Deflated Market". The New York Times. Retrieved January 8, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 14, 2014). "'Million Dollar Listing New York' Renewed for Season Four + Bravo Greenlights Three New Series". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 23, 2013). "Bravo Media Explored the Luxury Market of Miami Real Estate and Greenlights 'Million Dollar Listing Miami'". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Big Money and High-Drama Returns with the Premiere of the Second Season Bravo's 'Million Dollar Listing,' Tuesday, August 5 at 11 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. June 25, 2008. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- "Cut Price, Cutthroat Realty — the Third Season of Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing" Returns Monday, October 12 at 11 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. September 2, 2009. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- "The Boys Are Back Living the Dream and Selling the Lifestyle When Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing" Returns Tuesday, February 1 at 10 PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. December 16, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 2, 2011). "Bravo Picks Up 3 New Unscripted Series, Renews ‘Real Housewives Of OC’, 2 More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 2, 2013). "Bravo Greenlights 17 New and 18 Returning Unscripted Series". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (June 27, 2013). "'Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles' Season 6 to Premiere Wednesday. August 7 on Bravo". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 25, 2013). "Bravo and Oxygen Media Delivered Record-Breaking Wednesday With 'Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles' and 'Preachers of LA'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (June 23, 2014). "'Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles' Season Seven to Premiere Wednesday, August 20 on Bravo". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Gerard, Jeremy (March 30, 2015). "Bravo Media Slates 10 New Series, Including ‘Recipe For Deception’ – Upfronts" (Press release). Deadline. Retrieved March 30, 2015.