From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Milosz)
|Meaning||Cz: milost ("mercy")
Pl: miłość ("love")
Miloš is a Slavic given name recorded from the early Middle Ages among the Bulgarians, Czechs, Poles, and Serbs. It is derived from the Slavic root mil-, "merciful" or "dear", which is found in a great number of Slavic given names.
People with given name
- Miłosz Bernatajtys, a Polish rower
- Miłosz Biedrzycki, a Polish poet, translator and geophysical engineer. One of the best known authors of the "brulion generation"
- Miloš Bogunović, a Serbian footballer
- Miloš Crnjanski, a poet of the expressionist wing of Serbian modernism, author, and a diplomat
- Milosh Gjergj Nikolla, an Albanian writer.
- Miłosz Magin, a Polish composer and pianist
- Miloš Forman, a Czech film director, screenwriter, actor and professor
- Miloš Holuša, a Czech race walker who specialized in the 50 kilometres walk
- Miloš Karadaglić, a Montenegrin classical guitarist, also known by his mononym Miloš
- Miloš Krasić, a Serbian professional footballer who currently plays for Italian club Juventus and is a member of the Serbian national team.
- Milosz Magin, a Polish composer and pianist
- Miloš Marić, a Serbian football central midfielder
- Miloš Milošević, a Serb swimmer from Split
- Miloš Obrenović I, Prince of Serbia
- Miloš Obilić, a medieval knight in the service of Prince Lazar, ruler of Moravian Serbia.
- Miloš Pavlović (racing driver)
- Milos Raonic, a Canadian professional Tennis player
- Miloš Šestić, a Serbian footballer
- Miloš Teodosić, a Serbian professional basketball player
- Miloš Vujanić, a Serbian professional basketball player
- Miloš Zahradník, a Czech mathematician who works on statistical mechanics in Charles University in Prague
- Miloš Zeman, a well-known Czech politician.
People with surname
- Czesław Miłosz (1911–2004), poet and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature 1980.
- Oscar Milosz (1877–1939), a poet and diplomat who wrote in French and a relative of Czesław Miłosz.
- Stephen Milosz (born 1955), an Australian cricket player.
- Milosz Point, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica
- Milošević, surname derived from Miloš
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|