Milton GO Station
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||780 Main Street East|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: ML|
|Opened||27 October 1981|
Milton GO Station is the western terminus of GO Transit's Milton line in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 780 Main Street East in the Town of Milton, near Main Street and Ontario Street.
Like many GO stations, Milton offers parking for commuters, a station building housing ticket sales and a waiting room, and a bus loop serving GO and Milton Transit buses. The station is located very close to Highway 401, and is placed to be accessible to residents of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo who work in Toronto to park and ride.
A new layover facility (overnight service and storage yard) was built in 2006 and opened at the beginning of 2007 with capacity to store eight 12 car trains. Currently, seven 12 car trains are operated, with an eighth train planned to ease congestion in June, 2012. This facility replaced one located 8 miles west at Guelph Junction in Campbellville which could not be expanded beyond its five 10 car tracks.
- 1 Steeles/Martin
- 2 Main (East & West)
- 3 Trudeau
- 4 Thompson/Clark
- 5 Yates
- 6 Scott Express
- 7 Harrison
- 8 Wilmott
- 52 School Special (PM Only)
- 61 Glen Eden Slopes Express (Winter Seasonal)
- GO Transit
- "Route 20 - Milton/Oakville GO Bus Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. January 5, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Route 21 - Milton GO Train and Bus Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. January 5, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Route 24 - Cambridge/Milton GO Bus Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. January 5, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Route 27 - Milton/North York GO Bus Schedule" (PDF). GO Transit. January 5, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Media related to Milton GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Milton GO Station