Untitled, c. 1990, acrylic painting on paper, private collection
January 7, 1917|
Bratslav, Kovno Governorate, Russian Empire
|Died||March 12, 2004(aged 87)|
|Awards||Jimmy Ernst Award (1990)|
Investigation of potential copyright issue
|If you have just labeled this page as a potential copyright issue, please follow the instructions for filing at the bottom of the box.|
The previous content of this page or section has been identified as posing a potential copyright issue, as a copy or modification of the text from the source(s) below, and is now listed on Wikipedia:Copyright problems (listing):
Unless the copyright status of the text on this page is clarified, the problematic text or the entire page may be deleted one week after the time of its listing.
|Can you help resolve this issue?
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:CP § Responding to articles listed for copyright investigation.
|About importing text to Wikipedia
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:Copying text from other sources.
|Instructions for filing
If you have tagged the article for investigation, please complete the following steps:
The Akron Art Museum (Akron, OH), the Arizona State University Art Museum (Tempe, AZ), the Chrysler Museum of Art (Norfolk, VA), the Jack S Blanton Museum of Art (University of Texas, Austin, TX), the Honolulu Museum of Art, the Montana Historical Society (Helena, MT), the Museum of New Mexico (Santa Fe, NM), the National Gallery of Art (Washington, DC), the Neuberger Museum of Art (Purchase, NY), the Oakland Museum of California (Oakland, CA), the Phoenix Art Museum, the Roswell Museum and Art Center (Roswell, NM), the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Smithsonian American Art Museum (Washington, DC), the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City), the University of Arizona Museum of Art (Tucson, AZ), and the Whitney Museum of American Art (New York City) are among the public collections holding work by Milton Resnick.
- Action painting
- New York School
- Abstract expressionism
- Stable Gallery
- Tenth street galleries
- Abstract Impressionism
- "Jimmy Ernst Award". American Academy of Arts and Letters. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Milton Resnick - United States Social Security Death Index". FamilySearch. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Milton Resnick - United States World War II Army Enlistment Records". FamilySearch. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Cohen, David, "Integrity and Finesse: Pat Passlof, 1928-2011", ArtCritical.com, November 15th, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Sandler, Irving H. The New York School: The Painters and Sculptors of the Fifties, New York: Harper & Row, 1978. ISBN 0-06-438505-1 pp.29-45
- Marika Herskovic, New York School Abstract Expressionists Artists Choice by Artists, (New York School Press, 2000.) ISBN 0-9677994-0-6 pp.302-305
- Tenth street galleries
- His life and work are chronicled, mostly in the artist's own words, in Out of the Picture, Milton Resnick and the New York School, by Geoffrey Dorfman, published by Midmarch Arts Press, NY.
- Out of the Picture, Milton Resnick and the New York School, by Geoffrey Dorfman, published by Midmarch Arts Press, NY. ISBN 1-877675-47-4
- Marika Herskovic, American Abstract Expressionism of the 1950s An Illustrated Survey, (New York School Press, 2003.) ISBN 0-9677994-1-4. p. 282-285
- Marika Herskovic, New York School Abstract Expressionists Artists Choice by Artists, (New York School Press, 2000.) ISBN 0-9677994-0-6. p. 12; p. 16; p. 38; p. 302-305
- Article memorializing the artist
- Milton Resnick at Find a Grave
- Milton Resnick - Ad Reinhardt Debate from 1961 at The Club
- Milton Resnick, Cheim & Read gallery, New York City