Yerolemou at the Brussels Comic Con in 2018
Early life and career
The son of Greek Cypriot parents, Yerolemou was born in London and grew up in the United Kingdom. After his graduation, Yerolemou did not take lessons, but instead learned how to act by stage experience.
From 1997 to 2003 he was a regular on the television series Hububb. In 1998, he had a supporting role in Middleton's Changeling, and in 1999, he took part in a film adaptation of the Shakespeare play The Winter's Tale. It was followed by two extras roles in the documentary Neanderthal. He also appeared in the British series My Family, The West Wittering Affair, and the short film The Public Benefits.
Yerolemou's first major role was as Syrio Forel in the first season of the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones. In the series, Yerolemou primarily worked with actress Maisie Williams as Arya Stark, and portrayed a character known as "The First Sword of Braavos." Thus most of his scenes involved sword work. Following his appearance in Game of Thrones, Yerolemou was cast in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as well as the award-winning film The Danish Girl.
Most recently Yerolemou played The Fool in the Talawa Theatre Company and Royal Exchange Manchester co-production of King Lear, with Don Warrington taking on the title role. His performance was very well received, with reviews stating that his "extraordinary despair ... matches [his] brilliant comic timing", that he "manages to provide a key to the entire performance", and "irrepressible".
|1998||Middleton's Changeling||Asylum Inmate|
|2002||Black Books||Schubert Customer|
|1997–2003||Hububb||Mikey, Paul, Lady Skipton||26 episodes|
|2003||My Family||Spanish policeman|
|2006||The Only Boy For Me||Michael Hardington|
|2006||The West Wittering Affair||Man in therapy|
|2011||The Public Benefits||CSA No. 1|
|2011||Game of Thrones||Syrio Forel||Season 1|
|2011||The Inbetweeners Movie||Stavros||Deleted Scene|
|2014||The Boogeyman||Lester Billings|
|2015||Wolf Hall||French Nobleman|
|2015||The Danish Girl||Dr. Mai|
|2015||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||Bar Patron|
|2016||New Blood||Menakis||2 episodes|
2018 Marcella solicitor
- Ratcliffe, Amy (29 May 2014). "Learning Water Dancing From 'Game of Thrones' Syrio Forel". Nerdist. Archived from the original on 11 August 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- McCluskey, Megan (10 June 2016). "Game of Thrones Actor Drops Hint That His Character May Be Returning". Time. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Mzimba, Lizo (1 September 2014). "Game of Thrones swordsman joins Star Wars film". BBC News. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Goldberg, Matt (1 September 2014). "Game of Thrones' Miltos Yerolemou Joins Star Wars: Episode VII". Collider. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Newbold, Mark (2 September 2014). "Star Wars Episode 7: What role could Miltos Yerolemou play?". Metro. UK. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Miltos Yerolemou Filmography – British Film Industry". BFI. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "King Lear | Words of Colour Productions". web.archive.org. 21 April 2016.
- "Review: King Lear at the Royal Exchange – Exeunt Magazine". exeuntmagazine.com.
- Hickling, Alfred (7 April 2016). "King Lear review – as close to definitive as can be" – via The Guardian.
Media related to Miltos Yerolemou at Wikimedia Commons