Milwaukee District / West Line
|Milwaukee District / West Line|
A Milwaukee District/West train at Roselle in 2009.
Elgin/Big Timber Road
|Daily ridership||22,100 (Avg. Weekday 2009)|
|Owner||Metra (Dispatched by CP Rail)|
|Operator(s)||Metra, Canadian Pacific Railway|
|Line length||39.8 mi (64.1 km)|
|Track gauge||4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm)|
The Milwaukee District / West Line (MD-W) is a Metra commuter rail line in Chicago, Illinois, and the western suburbs. (Metra does not refer to any of its lines by a particular color, but the timetable accents for the Milwaukee District/West line are dark "Arrow Yellow," honoring the Milwaukee Road's Arrow passenger train.)
It runs from Union Station in downtown Chicago through the western suburbs to Elgin, Illinois. In April 2013 the public timetable shows 29 trains leaving Chicago each weekday, of which 22 run to Big Timber Rd. Of the 7 trains that do not run through to Big Timber Rd, 2 terminate at Franklin Park, 3 at Elgin, 1 at National Street, and 1 at Bartlett. All weekend trains terminate at Elgin; Big Timber Road does not have weekend service.
|Union Station||Downtown Chicago|
|Western Avenue||East Garfield Park|
|Hermosa||Hermosa||Closed in 2006|
|Grand/Cicero||Rush hour Service only|
|Cragin||Belmont Cragin||Closed in 2006|
|Hanson Park||Hanson Park||Rush Hour Service Only|
|Mars||Chicago||Rush Hour Service Only|
|Elmwood Park||Elmwood Park|
|River Grove||River Grove|
|Franklin Park||Franklin Park|
|Mannheim||Mannheim Road (U.S. 12/U.S. 45)||Rush Hour Service Only|
|Wood Dale||Wood Dale|
|Hanover Park||Hanover Park|
|Big Timber Road||Weekdays Only|
- "Ridership Reports - System Facts". Metra. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
- "Did you know?" (PDF). On the Bi-Level: 3. June 2009.
- Metra (2006-12-11). "Metra - Station and Parking Construction Advisories". Archived from the original on 2006-12-08. Retrieved 2006-12-11.
- "Marengo Extension Commuter Rail Feasibility Study" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "NORTHERN ILLINOIS COMMUTER RAIL INITIATIVE COMMUTER RAIL FEASIBILITY STUDY" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Metra Milwaukee District/West service schedule
Media related to Metra Milwaukee District/West Line at Wikimedia Commons