From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Mimas in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mimas may refer to:
- Mimas (Giant), son of Gaia in Greek mythology, one of the Gigantes
- Mimas (Aeneid), a son of Amycus and Theona, who escorted Aeneas to Italy
- Karaburun, a town and district in Turkey, formerly called Mimas in reference to the Giant
- Mimas (moon), in astronomy, a moon of Saturn marked by a giant crater on its surface
- Mimas (genus), a genus of Hawk moths, including the Lime Hawk-moth
- Mimas (data centre), a UK national academic data centre at The University of Manchester
- Mimas (band), a Denmark based Post-Rock band
- Mimas, a centaur mentioned in the archaic Greek epic poem, the Shield of Heracles, at line 182
Pronounced with a final /z/ sound, it may be:
- Mima mounds, the unexplained geological formations found on the Mima Prairie, as well as other locations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mimas.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.