This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mimi Dietrich is an American quilter, quilting instructor, author of 15 books about quilting and a member of the Quilter's Hall of Fame. A lifelong resident of Maryland, she lives in the Baltimore County community of Catonsville. Her first book, Happy Endings: Finishing the Edges of Your Quilts, was originally published in 1987. She teaches quilting classes in the Maryland area as well as online at Craftsy. Her books and workshops focus mainly on applique techniques and Baltimore Album Quilts. In total, her books have sold over a half million copies.
In 2013, Mimi was named as Quilt Teacher of the Year by the International Association of Creative Arts Professionals.
A breast cancer survivor, Mimi has identified quilting as a tool for maintaining a positive attitude, aiding in her recovery. This inspired her writing of Pink Ribbon Quilts, published in 2011.
- Happy Endings: Finishing the Edges of Your Quilts (That Patchwork Place, June 4, 2013, ISBN 978-1-56477-500-9)
- Baltimore Blocks for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide (Martingale & Company, July 10, 2012, ISBN 978-1-60468-172-7)
- Pink Ribbon Quilts: A book Because of Breast Cancer (Martingale & Company, March 23, 2012, ISBN 978-1-56477-279-4)
- A Quilter's Diary: Written in Stiches (That Patchwork Place, May 13, 2008, ISBN 978-1-56477-792-8)
- Mimi Dietrich's Favorite Applique Quilts (That Patchwork Place, November 5, 2007, ISBN 978-1-56477-679-2)
- Mimi Dietrich's Baltimore Basics: Album Quilts from Start to Finish (That Patchwork Place, October 9, 2006, ISBN 978-1-56477-678-5)
- Easy Applique Sampers: 20 Designs to Mix and Match, (Martingale and Company, March 2005, ISBN 978-1-56477-562-7)
- Growing Up with Quilts: 15 Projects for Babies to Teens, with Sally Schneider (That Patchwork Place, September 2004, ISBN 978-1-56477-539-9)
- Bed & Breakfast Quilts with Rise and Shine Recipes, (That Patchwork Place, March 2003, ISBN 978-156477-439-2)
- Borders and Bindings (Basic Quiltmaking Techniques) (Martingale and Company, January 1999, ISBN 978-1-56477-253-4)
- Basic Quiltmaking Techniques for Hand Applique, with Ursala Reikes (Maringale and Company, May 1998, ISBN 978-1-56477-220-6)
- Quilts: An American Legacy (Martingale & Co., Inc., June 1996, ISBN 978-1-56477-167-4)
- Easy Art of Applique: Techniques for Hand, Machine, and Fusible Appligue, with Kerry Hoffman and Cheryl Senecal (That Patchwork Place, November 1994, ISBN 978-1-56477-081-3)
- Baltimore Bouquets: Patterns and Techniques for Dimensional Applique (That Patchwork Place, September 1, 1992, ISBN 978-1-56477-010-3)
- Handmade Quilts (Martingale & Co Inc., May 1990, ISBN 978-0-94357-467-7)
- "Mimi Dietrich". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Mimi Dietrich Book List". Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Meet Mimi Dietrich, Quilting Instructor on Craftsy". Craftsy. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "Mimi Dietrich". Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Teacher of the Year". International Association of Creative Arts Professionals. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Catonsville woman's work quilting worthy of Hall of Fame". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "Pink Ribbon Quilts". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 17, 2014.