Mina (given name)
Mina is a given name with a variety of origins, used as a feminine name in some cultures and a masculine name in others.
- Mina (fl. c. 3100 BC), a.k.a. Menes, legendary Egyptian ruler and the first pharaoh of Egypt.
- St. Mina (Saint Menas; fl. 3rd century AD), Coptic religious leader (martyr)
Meena (Arabic: mīnā' مِينَاء) is the irregular feminine noun for port. See Mina (disambiguation)
Meena, or Mina, is a name given to females in India. It is commonly used by Christians, Hindus and Parsees. The name is a shortened form of Meenakshi (beautiful fish-shaped eyes; Meen = fish; akshi = eyes), and is commonly used by South Indian Hindus. Nasrani Christians from Kerala and Parsees might use this name due to their ancient Persian heritage (Mina is a commonly used female name in Iran). See Meena (disambiguation)
- Mina Asami (born 1958), Japanese actress
- Mina Fukui (born 1984), Japanese actress
- Mina Harigae (born 1989), Japanese golfer
- Mina Matsushima (born 1991), Japanese swimmer
- Mina Ōba (born 1992), Japanese singer and actress
- Mina Kasai (born 1984), Japanese voice actress
- Mina Myoui (born 1997), Japanese singer, member of the K-pop girl group Twice
|Hanja||敏雅, 珉娥, 慜娥, and others|
Mina, Meena, and Minah are various Roman alphabet spellings of two homophonous Korean feminine given names with different hangul spellings. The meaning differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name.
- Shim Mina (born 1972), South Korean singer
- Jung Mina (born 1979), South Korean gayageum singer-songwriter
- Shin Min-a (born 1984), South Korean actress
- Bang Min-ah (born 1993), South Korean singer, member of Girl's Day
- Kwon Mina (born 1993), South Korean singer, member of AOA
- Jung Min-ah (born 1994), South Korean actress
- Kang Min-ah (born 1997), South Korean actress
- Justine Mina Ok (fl. 2000s), Korean American songwriter
For the name Mi-na (미나), there are 31 hanja with the reading "mi" and 16 hanja with the reading "na" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be used in given names.
- Mina Cho (born 1960), South Korean writer
- Son Mi-na (born 1964), South Korean handball player
- Meena Lee (born 1981), South Korean golfer
- Kang Mi-na (born 1999), South Korean singer, member of I.O.I and Gugudan
Mina (Persian: مینا) is a female given name in Iran, meaning "azure", "glass bead", or "enamel". Arguably, it should be the name for the planet Venus instead of former meaning, also a female name. See Meena (disambiguation)
- Mina Assadi (born 1943), Iranian poet
- Mina Nouri (born 1951), Iranian painter
- Mina Ahadi (born 1956), Iranian politician
- Mina Hadjian (born 1975), Iranian-born Norwegian television host
- Mina Sadati (born 1981), Iranian actress
- Mina Marcelle Saremi (born 1982) American entraprenuer of Iranian paternity
Mina (Pashto: مینا) means "love" in Pashto, an Indo-Iranic language spoken in Afghanistan and the northwestern regions of Pakistan., which is the feminine noun for the word "lover" - the masculine form is "māyan ماين". Although no source of it as used in a name except for the Persian "Meena". See Meena (disambiguation)
- Meena Keshwar Kamal (1956–1987), Afghan women's rights activist
- Mina Loy (1882–1966), English poet
- Mina Karadžić, Serbian 19th century poet
- Mina (singer) (born 1940), Italian singer
- Mina Kostić (born 1969), Serbian folk singer
- Mina Orfanou (born 1982), Greek actress
- Mina Papatheodorou-Valyraki, Greek painter
- Mina Shum, Canadian filmmaker
- Seong Mi-na, character from the Soul series of fighting video games
- Mina Harker (née Murray), character in Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Mina Tepeş, character in Japanese manga series Dance in the Vampire Bund
- Mina Tsukishiro, character in Japanese anime series Getsumento Heiki Mina
- Mina Mongoose, female mongoose from comic series Sonic the Hedgehog
- Mina Majikina, character in video game Samurai Shodown
- Mina McKee, character in David Almond's children's book Skellig and its prequel My Name is Mina
- Yoo Mi-na, character in 2012 South Korean television series Time Slip Dr. Jin
- Mina Beff, character in Todd Kauffman's Grojband
- Mina Carolina, a character from the anime and manga series Attack on Titan
- Meenah Peixes, a character from a webcomic Homestuck
- Breen, Jim (2011). Japanese Names Dictionary. Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Steingass, Francis Joseph. "مینا mīnā". A Comprehensive Persian-English Dictionary. Digital Dictionaries of South Asia. University of Chicago. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Raverty, H.G. "مینا mai-nā". A Dictionary of the Puk'hto, Pus'hto, or language of the Afghans. Digital Dictionaries of South Asia. University of Chicago. p. 955. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|