Minami-Komatsushima Station in July 2016
|Location||7-43 Minamikomatsushimachō, Komatsushima-shi, Tokushima-ken 773-0005|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Mugi Line|
|Distance||10.9 km from Tokushima|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Designated parking area for bicycles|
|Disabled access||Yes - platform accessed by ramp and level crossing|
|Status||Staffed - JR ticket window|
|Opened||15 December 1916|
Minami-Komatsushima is served by the Mugi Line and is located 10.9 km from the beginning of the line at Tokushima. Besides the local trains on the Mugi Line, some trains of the Muroto limited express service between Mugi and Tokushima and the Home Express Anan from Tokushima to Anan stop at the station.
The station consists of an island platform serving two tracks. The station building houses a waiting room and a JR ticket window (without a Midori no Madoguchi facility). Access to the island platform is by means of a level crossing and ramp. There is a designated parking area for bicycles outside the station building.
|JR Limited Express Services|
|JR Limited Express Services|
|Awa-Tomida||Home Express Anan||Hanoura|
The station was opened on 15 December 1916 as an intermediate station along a stretch of track laid down by the privately-run Anan Railway (阿南鉄道 Anan Tetsudo) from Chūden to Hanoura and Furushō (now closed). On 1 July 1936, the Anan Railway was nationalized and became part of the Mugi Line, operated by Japanese Government Railways (JGR). On 1 April 1987, with the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR), the successor of JGR, JR Shikoku took over control of the station.
On 1 February 2012, Komatsushima City set up a tourist information centre on the premises of the station.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "南小松島" [Minami-Komatsushima Station]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 40, 72. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Minami-Komatsushima Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "JR四国の駅 窓口営業時間一覧" [JR Shikoku station ticket window opening hours list] (PDF). JR Shikoku. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "南小松島駅" [Minami-Komatsushima Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 659. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 217. ISBN 4533029809.
- "小松島観光案内所を開設します" [Komatsushima Tourist Information Centre Opens]. City of Komatsushima. 30 January 2012. Archived from the original on 2017-02-28. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minami-Komatsushima Station.|
|This Tokushima Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|