Minami-Sakurai Station (Saitama)
Minami-sakurai Station north entrance in August 2012
|Location||118 Yonejima, Kasukabe, Saitama
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Urban Park Line|
|Previous names||Naganuma Temporary Stop (to 1932)|
|Passengers (FY2014)||14,793 daily|
Minami-sakurai Station (南桜井駅 Minami-sakurai-eki?) is a railway station on the Tobu Noda Line (also known as the “Tobu Urban Park Line”) in Kasukabe, Saitama, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway.
The station consists of two ground-level opposing side platforms serving two tracks, with an elevated station building located above.
|1||■ Urban Park Line||for Kasukabe, Iwatsuki, and Ōmiya|
|2||■ Urban Park Line||for Nodashi, Kashiwa, and Funabashi|
|Tobu Urban Park Line|
Minami-sakurai Station opened on 9 December 1930 as the Naganuma Temporary Stop (永沼臨時停留所?, Naganuma Rinji Teiryujo). On 1 August 1932 it was relocated 400 meters towards Kashiwa and elevated in status to a full station with its present name. On 6 November 1943, a new station named Yonejima Station (米島駅 Yonejima eki?) was established 800 meters in the direction of Kashiwa for freight operations. This station ceased operations on 30 September 1945, and was abolished on 23 December 1956, and Minami-sakurai Station was relocated to its location. From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Noda Line, with Minami-sakurai Station becoming "TD-12".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 14,793 passengers daily.
- Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel ("G-Cans")
- Former Shōwa, Saitama Town Hall
- Shōwa Post Office
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 224. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） - Tobu Railway official home page (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minami-Sakurai Station (Saitama).|
- Minami-sakurai Station information (Tobu) (Japanese)