Minamisatsuma City Hall
Location of Minamisatsuma in Kagoshima
|• Mayor||Teruo Honbo (since November 2009)|
|• Total||283.30 km2 (109.38 sq mi)|
(May 31, 2011)
|• Density||137.71/km2 (356.7/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Podocarpus macrophyllus|
|• Flower||Farfugium japonicum|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||2648 Kaseda Kawabata, Minamisatsuma-shi, Kagoshima-ken|
The modern city of Minamisatsuma was established on November 7, 2005, from the merger of the old city of Kaseda, with the town of Kinpō (from Hioki District), and the towns of Bonotsu, Kasasa and Ōura (all from Kawanabe District).
Previous mergers (as listed in the Kawanabe District, Kagoshima Wikipedia article included:
- July 15, 1954 - The towns of Kaseda and Bansei were merged to create the city of Kaseda. (3 towns, 3 villages)
- January 1, 1925 The village of Higashikaseda was elevated to town status and renamed to become the town of Bansei. (4 towns, 4 villages)
- January 1, 1924 - The village of Kaseda was elevated to town status to become the town of Kaseda.(3 towns, 5 villages)
- April 1, 1889 - Due to the municipal status enforcement, the villages of Kaseda, Nishikaseda, Higashikaseda, Higashinanpo, Nishinanpo, Katsume and Kawanabe were formed in Kawanabe District. (7 villages)
On November 7, 2005, Kinpō, along with the city of Kaseda, and the towns of Bonotsu, Kasasa and Ōura (all from Kawanabe District), was merged to create the city of Minamisatsuma and no longer exists as an independent municipality.
On November 7, 2005, Kaseda, along with the town of Kinpō (from Hioki District), and the towns of Bonotsu, Kasasa and Ōura (all from Kawanabe District), was merged to create the city of Minamisatsuma.
- Minamisatsuma City official website (in Japanese)
|This Kagoshima Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|