|License||Non-free license with restriction on use.|
MindMup has been praised for its simple and intuitive interface and short learning curve  and power-user features. It has been recommended for the use in education, in particular due to anonymous access and not requiring account signup to use cloud services.
- "MindMup License on Github". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
The Software may not be used to offer a publicly accessible service that replicates the core service, visual layout or experience of www.mindmup.com
- "Argument visualization". mindmup.com. September 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-08. To create argument maps with MindMup, visit http://argument.mindmup.com
- "Concept mapping using MindMup". mindmup.com. September 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "MindMup source on Github". Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Zuckerman, Erez (April 2013). "Review: MindMup is a free, effortless way to create mind maps in moments". PC World. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- McAlister, Shep (June 2013). "MindMup Maps Your Brain in the Browser". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Byrne, Richard (June 2013). "MindMup - A Mind Mapping Tool That Saves to Google Drive". Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Pasgaard, Niels Jakob (June 2013). "MindMup in Education". eDidaktik. Retrieved 2017-01-29.