Mindarie, South Australia
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACDT (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||45 km (28 mi) NE of Karoonda|
|LGA(s)||District Council of Karoonda East Murray|
Mindarie is a small town in the Murray Mallee of South Australia between Karoonda and Loxton. The town was gazetted in 1912. The name Mindarie is believed to originate from the Dieri Aboriginal language, and possibly means "festival to invoke peace".
The Mindarie school has been replaced by East Murray Area School which is located about 10 km northwest of Mindarie. It educates about 50 students from Reception to Year 12 in an isolated location.
- "MINDARIE SCHOOL.". The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1889 - 1931). Adelaide, SA: National Library of Australia. 15 June 1929. p. 15. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "THE MINDARIE SCHOOL.". Murray Pioneer and Australian River Record (Renmark, SA : 1913 - 1942). Renmark, SA: National Library of Australia. 21 June 1929. p. 4. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "East Murray Area School". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "East Murray Area School, Mindarie". TeachWeb. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Mines & Developing Projects / Approved Mines / Mindarie
- Mindarie - Halidon
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|