Minden, West Virginia
|Minden, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
|• Total||0.494 sq mi (1.28 km2)|
|• Land||0.494 sq mi (1.28 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,568 ft (478 m)|
|• Density||510/sq mi (200/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
In 2015 the community was annexed into the city of Oak Hill as part of a deal to acquire and upgrade the failing Arbuckle Public Service District. After a lengthy court battle, the annexation was upheld on November 18, 2016 by the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Post Offices in Fayette County, West Virginia
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 419.
- Centennial Celebration of Minden, West Virginia • 1905-2005
- Pictures of Minden, West Virginia
- Southern West Virginia Coalfields, New River Field
|This article about a location in Fayette County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|