|Neighbourhood of George Town|
|District||Northeast Penang Island|
|• Local government||Penang Island City Council|
|• Mayor of Penang Island||Yew Tung Seang|
|• Batu Uban State Assemblyman||Kumaresan Aramugam (PKR)|
|• Bayan Baru Member of Parliament||Sim Tze Tzin (PKR)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+8)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed (UTC)|
Minden Heights is a residential neighbourhood within the city of George Town in Penang, Malaysia. Located 6.1 km (3.8 mi) south of the city centre, this upscale housing estate lies within the Gelugor suburb and neighbours Universiti Sains Malaysia to the south, as well as Taman Tun Sardon to the north.
Minden Heights was first developed as a housing estate by Dr Che Lah, an ethnic Malay councillor of the Penang Island Municipal Council (now Penang Island City Council). The neighbourhood, which borders Universiti Sains Malaysia's main campus, was completed in 1975, four years prior to the opening of the university's medical school.
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang's premier public university, is situated immediately south of Minden Heights. One of the top Malaysian public universities, USM was ranked fifth within Malaysia by the QS World University Rankings as of 2016[update].
In addition, two primary schools are situated within Minden Heights.
- "Minden Heights Local Property & Real Estate Trends, News & Guides | PropertyGuru Malaysia". www.propertyguru.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Review for Minden Heights, Gelugor". PropSocial. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Abdul Rashid, Faridah (2012). Biography of the Early Malay Doctors 1900-1957 Malaya and Singapore. Xlibris Corporation. ISBN 9781477159965.
- "QS World University Rankings 2016". Top Universities. 2016-08-25. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "SK MINDEN HEIGHT - PULAU PINANG - Carian Sekolah Malaysia". www.sekolahmy.com (in Malay). Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "PORTAL RASMI SKSG". sksungaigelugor.edu.my. Retrieved 2018-01-15.