|Part of a series on|
Mindfulness meditation is the process of accomplishing mindfulness through the practice of meditation. Its purpose is to become aware of what is currently happening around the practitioner as opposed to focusing on something different than the present. Mindfulness meditation is also used along with body awareness and yoga as a method for mindfulness-based stress reduction. A study published by JAMA Internal Medicine in 2014 suggests that mindfulness meditation reduces anxiety, depression, and pain.
Mindfulness meditation can be performed through a series of different techniques and focuses on feelings rather than thinking. It does not require special circumstances and can be accomplished with breathing techniques. Beginning with body relaxation, the mind is directed towards deeper feelings in the heart, with the hopes of letting go of mental attachments and worries.
- Brain activity and meditation
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Neural mechanisms of mindfulness meditation
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon (2009). Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation In Everyday Life. Hachette Books. ISBN 9781401394677.
- Wgela, Karen Kissel (19 January 2010). "How to Practice Mindfulness Meditation". Psychology Today. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Kabat-Zinn, J (2013). Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. New York: Bantam Dell. ISBN 978-0-345-53972-4.
- Creswell J.D. (2016). "Mindfulness Interventions". Annual Review of Psychology. 68.
- Goyal, Madhav; Singh, Sonal; Sibinga, Erica M.S. (March 2014). "Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being". JAMA Internal Medicine. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.13018. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Inside Tai Chi, Chapter 8 Heartfulness and Freedom Through T'ai Chi" (PDF). www.ymaa.com. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Kwee, G. T. Maurits (2016). "Karma, Rebirth and Heartfulness: The Buddha as Psychologist and Therapist" (PDF). Buddhism and Mindfulness. VIII (1). Retrieved 8 January 2017.
...The result is a guideline on attaining awakening by heartfulness which is the red thread in this article.
- "Experience Heartfulness". en.heartfulness.org. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- Santas, Dana (8 January 2017). "Tap your holiday stress-busting super power: Breathing". CNN. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Heartfulness, Sahaj Marg Meditation "Experience Heartfulness"". en.heartfulness.org. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Heartfulness Meditation: The Seven Steps, by Bruce Davis". www.huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Assisi Retreats "Heartfulness meditation step by step" Davis". www.assisiretreats.org. Retrieved 8 January 2017.