||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||March 7, 1981|
|Origin||Eureka, California, United States|
Gledhill spent most of her youth in Eureka, California. As a young teenager she lived in Spain and learned its language. She studied music at Brigham Young University. She now lives in Utah with her husband. Mindy's music has developed a strong online audience amongst bloggers and YouTube channels.
Gledhill released her debut album The Sum of All Grace in the beginning of 2004 on Lumen Records. However, she soon dropped her label in pursuit of a more indie sound, citing her desire to not be contained by a single musical category. She is recognized for her albums Feather in the Wind (2007), Anchor (2010), and Pocketful of Poetry (2013).
Gledhill's third album, Anchor, was produced and engineered by Juno-nominated producer/engineer Stuart Brawley (Emmy Rossum, Lenka, Jason Reeves). The album features LA based studio musicians including Jamie Wollam (current drummer of Tears for Fears), Joe Corcoran (Michael Jackson, The Dave Matthews Band), and Matt Mayhall (Lenka).
Anchor was self-released in the United States, although in early 2011 Gledhill signed with Korean label FarGo Music for release in the territory of Korea. The album featured several favorably received pop/folk rock tracks and led to Gledhill's invitation to the Durango Songwriters Expo 2011. On April 3, 2011 single "Crazy Love" reached #1 on the Korean pop chart Bugs Music. The song also reached #7 on the South Korea (GAON) music chart. Seven other tracks also charted on the S. Korean charts. Track "Crazy Love" was featured in the Korean reality TV series We Got Married in May 2011.
Title track "Anchor" was featured in the documentary "The Power of Two" (2011), directed by Academy Award nominee Mark Smolowitz. Her song "All About Your Heart" was featured on ABC's 20/20 (Season 2011, Ep 17). Song "Anchor" featured on FOX's Bones (Season 7) and track "All The Pennies" featured on ABC's Jane By Design. Track "Whole Wide World" featured in the documentary Meet the Mormons. Music videos for "Anchor" and "Whole Wide World" have both amassed more than 1 million views on YouTube.
Winter Moon, a Christmas compilation album featuring two original tracks, was released on October 16, 2011. It was also produced and engineered by Stuart Brawley. The album pre-sold more than 4,500 hard copies through local outlets in the USA alone and was later released via a limited release in Japan. In support of the album, she toured the west coast supported at select dates by the Teton Chamber Orchestra. In December 2012 she toured Japan in support of the album's release there.
Pocketful of Poetry
Song "Bring Me Close" was part of a Fruit of the Loom commercial that was aired during the 2012 Olympics. The song was offered as a free download on the company's website and a Spanish version was also recorded.
Mindy's fourth album, Pocketful of Poetry, was released on September 11, 2013. Cason Cooley (Sixpence None the Richer, Katie Herzig, Matthew Perryman Jones) produced the album which Mindy recorded in Nashville, TN. The album will feature Nashville based studio musicians including The Love Sponge (The Fray, Jason Mraz, Ben Folds) as well as Mindy's frequent guitarist and friend Joe Corcoran. It was mixed by Justin Gerrish (The Strokes, John Mayer, Vampire Weekend). It was mastered by Joe LaPorta (Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, The Killers).
Mindy featured as a guest vocalist on Kaskade's song, "Eyes", the first single from his album Fire & Ice which hit #1 on Billboard Dance Airplay and #17 on Billboard 200. The album was nominated for a GRAMMY for Best Dance/Electronica Album. She also appears in the music video for "Eyes".
Mindy also provided guest vocals on three tracks on Kaskade's 2010 album Dynasty including "Say It's Over", "Call Out" and "All That You Give". "Call Out" and "All That You Give" eventually were released as singles. The album reached #104 on Billboard 200 and #4 on Billboard Dance Airplay. It also earned Kaskade nominations for "Best American DJ", "Best Producer", and "Best Full Length DJ Mix" at the 2009 IDMA's.
Television and film
Gledhill's music has been featured on television series including We Got Married, Bones and Jane By Design; the silver screen's Beau Jest (2008, songs - "Life is Crazy", "Falling and Flying"), and "Christmas Angel", (2009, song - "Falling and Flying"), and documentaries The Power of Two (2011) and Meet the Mormons (2014).
- The Sum of All Grace (2004)
- Feather in the Wind (2007)
- Anchor (2010)
- Pocketful of Poetry (2013)
- Winter Moon (2011)
- "See The Good" (2011) for NYC's Fashion's Night Out
- "Bring Me Close" (2012) for Fruit of the Loom commercial
- Dynasty (Ultra Records, 2010) - featured in "Say It's Over", "Call Out", "All That You Give"
- All That You Give (feat. Mindy Gledhill) (Remixes) EP (Ultra Records, 2011)
- Call Out (feat. Mindy Gledhill) (Ultra Records, 2011)
- Fire & Ice (Ultra Records, 2011) - featured in "Eyes"
- Eyes (feat. Mindy Gledhill) (Remixes) EP (Ultra Records, 2011)
- I Remember (Ultra Records, 2014) - featured in "Eyes"
- Emma - Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet
Awards and nominations
|2012||Fire & Ice (featured artist)||Grammy Award for Best Dance/Electronica Album||Nominated|
- "Best Inspirational Album" (2005)
- "New Recording Artist" (2005)
- "Best Inspirational Song" (2006)
|2007||"Feather in the Wind"||N/A|
|2011||"Whole Wide World"||Julian Acosta & Derek Pueblo|
|"Eyes (feat. Mindy Gledhill)"||Matt Eastin|
|"Winter Moon (with puppet friends)"||Christopher Clark|
|2013||"Pocketful of Poetry"||Matt Eastin & Corey Fox|
- Slacker, Inc. "AOL Radio - Listen to Free Online Radio - Free Internet Radio Stations and Music Playlists". Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20111007034759/http://www.mindygledhill.com/bio.html. Archived from the original on October 7, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140107042013/http://utahvalley360.com/uv/janfeb14/26.html. Archived from the original on January 7, 2014. Retrieved January 6, 2014. Missing or empty
- Gledhill, Mindy. "Mindy Gledhill - News". Mindy Gledhill. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Hive Riot Official Website".
- "Hive Riot - Sherlock (Official Video)".
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100829062859/http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700050104/Inside-Mormon-Music-Mindy-Gledhill-finds-musical-footing-releases-new-album.html. Archived from the original on August 29, 2010. Retrieved September 12, 2011. Missing or empty
- "벅스차트 > 장르별음악차트 > 팝송 - 벅스". 당신을 듣습니다, 벅스. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- [dead link]
- "PrimalScream Music Releases The Power of Two Soundtrack". Broadcastnewsroom.com. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Anthro Blog". Blog.anthropologie.com. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- AAA Commercial: "Emma". YouTube. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Beau Jest" (2008) Prostorm Pictures - Closing Credits,
- "Christmas Angel (2009) Silver Peak Productions - Closing Credits;
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070401060611/http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/60505. Archived from the original on April 1, 2007. Retrieved September 12, 2011. Missing or empty