|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles, New York University|
|Known for||OpenIntro Statistics|
|Awards||Waller Education Award|
|Thesis||Estimating the impact of air pollution using small area estimation (2011)|
|Doctoral advisor||Jan de Leeuw|
Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel is a Turkish-American statistician. She is an associate professor of the practice at Duke University and a professional educator at RStudio. She is the author of the OpenIntro Statistics open source textbooks. She is also the instructor for several popular Coursera courses. She is the chair-elect of the Statistical Education Section of the American Statistical Association.
Çetinkaya-Rundel grew up in Turkey and graduated from Robert College, before coming to the United States for her undergraduate studies to study actuarial science at New York University. After working as an actuary at Buck Consultants, Çetinkaya-Rundel enrolled in graduate school at the University of California, Los Angeles. She earned her master's degree and PhD in statistics at UCLA. Her dissertation, Estimating the impact of air pollution using small area estimation, was completed under the supervision of Jan de Leeuw. She is married to fellow statistician Colin Rundel.
Çetinkaya-Rundel coauthored three open-access textbooks, OpenIntro Statistics, Introductory Statistics with Randomization and Simulation, and OpenIntro: Advanced High School Statistics. She is an author on the associated R package, openintro. Çetinkaya-Rundel is also a proponent of reproducible analysis in the context of statistics education.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine (2014). Introductory statistics with randomization and simulation (First ed.). OpenIntro. ISBN 9781500576691. OCLC 889223663.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine (2015). OpenIntro statistics (3rd ed.). OpenIntro. ISBN 9781943450039. OCLC 920524548.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine; Dorazio, Leah (2015). Advanced High School Statistics. OpenIntro. ISBN 9781943450022. OCLC 980489902.
- "OpenIntro Statistics". Open Textbook Library. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Coursera Instructor Profile: Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel". Coursera. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Coursera connections: Examining online education at Duke". The Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Statistical Education Section Officers". American Statistical Association. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "A Passion for Stats and the Beauty of Bayes: A Duke Professor on Teaching Online". Class Central. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Math Genealogy for Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel". Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "OpenIntro Statistics". OpenIntro. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Introductory Statistics with Randomization and Simulation". OpenIntro. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "openintro Data Sets and Supplemental Functions from 'OpenIntro' Textbooks". CRAN. 2017-09-08. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Scientific Reproducibility - Is It Going Extinct Or Do We Not Teach Statistics Well Enough?". Science 2.0. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- Baumer, Ben; Cetinkaya-Rundel, Mine; Bray, Andrew; Loi, Linda; Horton, Nicholas J (2014). "R Markdown: Integrating A Reproducible Analysis Tool into Introductory Statistics". Technology Innovations in Statistics Education. 8 (1). arXiv:1402.1894. Bibcode:2014arXiv1402.1894B.
- "Approved Textbooks: OpenIntro Statistics". American Institute of Mathematics. Retrieved 2017-12-31.