|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles, New York University|
|Known for||OpenIntro Statistics|
|Awards||Waller Education Award|
|Thesis||Estimating the impact of air pollution using small area estimation (2011)|
|Doctoral advisor||Jan de Leeuw|
Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel is a statistician from Turkey. She is an associate professor of the practice at Duke University and a professional educator at RStudio. She is best known for her work on the OpenIntro Statistics open source textbooks, which are used by universities across the globe, including Harvard and Princeton. She is also the instructor for several popular Coursera courses. She is the chair-elect of the Statistical Education Section of the American Statistical Association.
Çetinkaya-Rundel grew up in Turkey, before coming to the United States to study actuarial science at New York University. After working as an actuary at Buck Consultants, Çetinkaya-Rundel enrolled in graduate school at the University of California, Los Angeles. She earned her master's degree and PhD in statistics at UCLA. Her dissertation, Estimating the impact of air pollution using small area estimation, was completed under the supervision of Jan de Leeuw. She is married to fellow statistician Colin Rundel.
Çetinkaya-Rundel is known for her contributions to open-source materials. The books she has coauthored, OpenIntro Statistics, Introductory Statistics with Randomization and Simulation, and OpenIntro: Advanced High School Statistics, are used by thousands of students. They are available in print, and also for free as PDFs online. She is an author on the associated R package, openintro. Her Coursera courses have had more than 200,000 enrollments. Çetinkaya-Rundel is also known as a proponent of reproducible analysis in the context of statistics education.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine (2014). Introductory statistics with randomization and simulation (First ed.). OpenIntro. ISBN 9781500576691. OCLC 889223663.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine (2015). OpenIntro statistics (3rd ed.). OpenIntro. ISBN 9781943450039. OCLC 920524548.
- Diez, David M.; Barr, Christopher D.; Çetinkaya-Rundel, Mine; Dorazio, Leah (2015). Advanced High School Statistics. OpenIntro. ISBN 9781943450022. OCLC 980489902.
- "OpenIntro Statistics". Open Textbook Library. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Coursera Instructor Profile: Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel". Coursera. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Coursera connections: Examining online education at Duke". The Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Statistical Education Section Officers". American Statistical Association. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "A Passion for Stats and the Beauty of Bayes: A Duke Professor on Teaching Online". Class Central. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Math Genealogy for Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel". Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "OpenIntro Statistics". OpenIntro. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Introductory Statistics with Randomization and Simulation". OpenIntro. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "openintro Data Sets and Supplemental Functions from 'OpenIntro' Textbooks". CRAN. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Scientific Reproducibility - Is It Going Extinct Or Do We Not Teach Statistics Well Enough?". Science 2.0. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- Baumer, Ben; Cetinkaya-Rundel, Mine; Bray, Andrew; Loi, Linda; Horton, Nicholas J (2014). "R Markdown: Integrating A Reproducible Analysis Tool into Introductory Statistics". Technology Innovations in Statistics Education. Technology Innovations in Statistics Education. 8 (1). arXiv:1402.1894. Bibcode:2014arXiv1402.1894B.
- "Approved Textbooks: OpenIntro Statistics". American Institute of Mathematics. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
|This article about a statistician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Turkish academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|