Mine Would Be You
|"Mine Would Be You"|
|Single by Blake Shelton|
|from the album Based on a True Story…|
|Released||July 22, 2013|
|Writer(s)||Jessi Alexander, Connie Harrington, Deric Ruttan|
|Blake Shelton singles chronology|
"Mine Would Be You" is a song recorded by American country music artist Blake Shelton. It was released in July 2013 as the third single from his seventh studio album, Based on a True Story…. The song was written by Jessi Alexander, Connie Harrington and Deric Ruttan.
The song is a mid-tempo ballad in which the male asks his lover about her thoughts, with the final verse revealing that she is actually departing him. The song is in the key of C major with a vocal range from G3 to E5. The verses are in alternating measures of 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song five stars out of five, writing that "Shelton’s performance is as easy and satisfying as ‘Honey Bee,’ but during each chorus he opens up full-throttle to send a desperate message to the woman he’s longing for." Chuck Dauphin of Roughstock gave the song a favorable review, calling it "the best song on the album."
"Mine Would Be You" debuted at number 37 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of April 13, 2013. It also appeared at number 42 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of August 3, 2013. It also debuted at number 100 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of August 17, 2013. For the week of November 4, 2013 it became Shelton's 10th consecutive number one single when it reached No. 1 on the Country Radio chart, tying Brad Paisley for the longest consecutive streak of number one singles. As of January 2014, the single has sold 823,000 copies in the United States.
It also debuted at number 79 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of August 24, 2013.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||35|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||28|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||19|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||35|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||89|
"It Goes Like This"
by Thomas Rhett
|Billboard Country Airplay
November 16–30, 2013
"We Were Us"
by Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert
"Night Train" by Jason Aldean
"Southern Girl" by Tim McGraw
|Billboard Canada Country number-one single
October 26–November 9, 2013
November 23, 2013
"Southern Girl" by Tim McGraw
"When Your Lips Are So Close" by Gord Bamford
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Yarborough, Chuck (July 25, 2013). "Blake Shelton will bring his 'Ten Times Crazier Tour' to a sold-out Blossom on Thursday, Aug. 1". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (March 26, 2013). "Blake Shelton, ‘Based on a True Story …’ – Album Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "'Mine Would Be You' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (July 15, 2013). "Blake Shelton, ‘Mine Would Be You’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Dauphin, Chuck (July 5, 2013). "The Weekly Single Recap: The Week Of July 5, 2013: New songs from George Strait, The Henningsens, Bush Hawg, Blake Shelton & More". Roughstock. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Morris, Edward (July 27, 2013). "The Band Perry Hit Country Airplay Summit With "Done"". Country Music Television. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "Blake Shelton Scores 15th Number One with 'Mine Would Be You'".
- Conaway, Alanna (2013-01-24). "Country Chart News - The Top 30 Digital Singles - January 22, 2014: Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Cole Swindell, Cassadee Pope, Scotty McCreery Tops". Roughstock.
- "Blake Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Blake Shelton.
- "Blake Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Canada Country for Blake Shelton.
- "Blake Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Blake Shelton.
- "Blake Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Blake Shelton.
- "Blake Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Blake Shelton.
- "Best of 2013: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Best of 2013: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Best of 2014: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "American single certifications – Blake Shelton – Mine Would Be You". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 21, 2015. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH