Minecraft: The Story of Mojang
|Minecraft: The Story of Mojang|
Standard DVD cover
|Directed by||Paul Owens|
|Music by||Daniel Rosenfeld|
|Distributed by||2 Player Productions|
Minecraft: The Story of Mojang is a 2012 documentary about the history of the company Mojang and its creation, Minecraft. Minecraft is an open-world game where players can craft, build and mine. The film features interviews with company personnel such as Markus Persson and Jens Bergensten, and insights from people involved in the gaming industry and from players profoundly impacted by the game. The film was produced by 2 Player Productions and production was funded through a Kickstarter campaign and the production spanned nearly two years in locations across North America and Europe.
The film premiered on Xbox Live on December 22, 2012, and was made available for download and streaming the following day. 2 Player Productions also uploaded the documentary to torrent index The Pirate Bay, but urged people to consider purchasing the film.
Minecraft is the second feature from game culture archivists 2 Player Productions (Reformat the Planet, Penny Arcade: The Series - Season 1, Double Fine Adventure!).
The documentary follows Minecraft developer Mojang through the development process of the game. The film also features insights from many people in the video gaming industry to discuss Minecraft's popularity and influence. Interviews from Persson and other Mojang employees give an insight on the creation and expansion of the studio.
The film's soundtrack was created by Daniel Rosenfeld, who has also created most of the music and sounds for the game. The music featured is from Rosenfeld's album One which contains 31 tracks. The CD features remixes by crashfaster, Danimal Cannon, Bud Melvin and minusbaby.
- "Minecraft: The Story of Mojang: (2012) Full Cast & Crew". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Minecraft". 2PlayerProductions.com. 2 Player Productions. Archived from the original on 1 November 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Savage, Phil (18 December 2012). "Minecraft: The Story of Mojang release trailer; film out Sunday". PC Gamer. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Minecraft: The Story of Mojang". Kickstarter. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Mallory, Jordan (22 December 2012). "2 Player Productions uploads 'Minecraft: The Story of Mojang' to The Pirate Bay". Engadget. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "C418 Minecraft". Bandcamp.com. Bandcamp. Retrieved 20 January 2016.