|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Minecraft Dungeons is an action-RPG game set to be released in the second quarter of 2020 on Windows, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One. It can be played solo or online with up to four players.
Unlike Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons has no crafting, building, or the ability to destroy blocks. Instead it focuses on being a dungeon crawler game, where the player explores randomly-generated dungeons filled with randomly-generated monsters, deals with traps and puzzles, and finds treasures.
- Kain, Erik. "'Minecraft Dungeons' Is A New Action-RPG Set In The 'Minecraft' Universe". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- Marks, Tom (2019-06-09). "Minecraft Dungeons Release Window Announced - E3 2019". IGN. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Minecraft: Dungeons is made in the Unreal Engine". PCGamesN. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- "'Minecraft Dungeons' is a blocky, smash-and-slash adventure". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- Campbell, Colin (2019-06-10). "Minecraft Dungeons is simple, Diablo-inspired fun for the family". Polygon. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- McCarthy, Caty (2019-06-11). "Minecraft Dungeons is Diablo for People Who Are Intimidated by Diablo". USgamer. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- "Minecraft Dungeons E3 2019 preview: Creative sidestep". Shacknews. Retrieved 2019-06-11.