Mineral Products Association
|Legal status||Not for profit company|
|Purpose||Trade Association for the UK minerals products industry|
With the recent addition of The British Precast Concrete Federation (BPCF) and the British Association of Reinforcement (BAR), it has a growing membership of 480 companies and is the sectoral voice for mineral products. MPA membership is made up of the vast majority of independent SME companies throughout the UK, as well as the 9 major international and global companies. It covers 100% of GB cement production, 90% of aggregates production and 95% of asphalt and ready-mixed concrete production and 70% of precast concrete production. Each year the industry supplies £21billion worth of materials and services to the Economy and is the largest supplier to the construction industry, which has annual output valued at £135billion. Industry production represents the largest materials flow in the UK economy and is also one of the largest manufacturing sectors.
The Mineral Products Association (MPA) was formed in March 2009 from the merger of the Quarry Products Association, the British Cement Association and The Concrete Centre. MPA was officially launched in June 2009.
The Mineral Products Association has offices in London, Glasgow and Fron in Wales.
QPA Northern Ireland is affiliated to the MPA and has offices in Crumlin, County Antrim. The British Precast Concrete Federation (BPCF), the trade Association of precast concrete manufacturers, is a member of the MPA and is based in Leicester.
MPA has regional divisions, for London & South East, South West, East Anglia, Midlands, Wales, North, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The Concrete Center
The Concrete Centre, part of the Mineral Products Association, exists to promote the use of concrete in construction. The centre publishes a journal, Concrete Quarterly which was first published by the British Cement and Concrete Association in 1947. The journal showcases the use of concrete in construction projects in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
- "MPA - Mineral Products Association - information on quarrying , quarry networks, rock quarries and careers in quarrying". Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "MPA - Mineral Products Association - Press release 2009". Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "MPA - Mineral Products Association - Contact". Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "British Precast members vote to join MPA - Agg-Net". Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Odgers, David. (Ed.) (2012). Practical building conservation: Concrete. Farnham: Ashgate Publishing. p. 110. ISBN 978-0-7546-4565-8.