View near Jinjiang Park Metro Station From Jinjiang Park, at the Boudary between Minhang and Xuhui Districts
Location in Shanghai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||371.7 km2 (143.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,500/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Minhang District, is a suburban district of Shanghai with a land area of 371.57 km2 (143.46 sq mi) and population of 2,429,000 residents as of 2010. The original Minhang consist of present-day Jiangchuan Road Subdistrict and the eastern strip of Wujing along the Huangpu River in 1992, the surrounding Shanghai County merged with Minhang.
It is mostly a residential district, though it is also home to some of the many factories and production facilities in Shanghai. Residential housing development is the main source of local government revenue. Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena is located in Ma Qiao Town. The Aerospace Museum is being constructed at Pujiang Town.
Of particular note is Qibao, a tourist attraction in the northern part of the district, and Maqiao, which hosted the Shanghai ATP Masters Tennis Tournament and is the site of the Neolithic Ruins of Maqiao. The town of Hongqiao also overlaps with Hongqiao Subdistrict in Changning District, and is the location of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, the city's older commercial airport and which is used primarily for domestic flights.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Jiangchuan Road Subdistrict||江川路街道||Jiāngchuān lù Jiēdào||kaon tseu lu ka do||185,991||30.27|
|Gumei Road Subdistrict||古美路街道||Gǔměi lù Jiēdào||ku mhe lu ka do||149,141||6.51|
|Xinhong Subdistrict||新虹街道||Xīnhóng Jiēdào||sin ron ka do||65,256||19.26|
|Pujing Subdistrict||浦锦街道||Pǔjǐn Zhèn||phu cin ka do||292,750||23.99|
|Pujiang Town||浦江镇||Pǔjiāng Zhèn||phu kaon tzen||78.51|
|Xinzhuang Town||莘庄镇||Xīnzhuāng Zhèn||sen tzaon tzen||277,934||19.12|
|Qibao Town||七宝镇||Qībǎo Zhèn||tsiq po tzen||283,352||18.10|
|Zhuanqiao Town||颛桥镇||Zhuānqiáo Zhèn||tzeu djio tzen||189,604||20.97|
|Huacao Town||华漕镇||Huácáo Zhèn||rau dzo tzen||193,777||46.28|
|Hongqiao Town||虹桥镇||hóngqiáo Zhèn||ron djio tzen||165,877||8.98|
|Meilong Town||梅陇镇||Méilǒng Zhèn||me lon tzen||344,434||25.71|
|Wujing Town||吴泾镇||Wújīng Zhèn||wu cin tzen||121,164||37.64|
|Maqiao Town||马桥镇||Mǎqiáo Zhèn||mau djio tzen||103,989||33.20|
|Xinzhuang Industrial Zone||莘庄工业区||Xīnzhuāng Gōngyèqū||sen tzaon kon gniq chiu||56,103||17.88|
International schools include:
- Shanghai American School Puxi Campus
- Shanghai Japanese School Hongqiao Campus (elementary school)
- Shanghai Korean School
- Shanghai Rego International School
- Shanghai Singapore International School Minhang Campus
- Public bicycle share scheme, with more than 20,000 bikes available for free use, after a registration process.
- Luheng Road Comprehensive Passenger Transport Hub Project Luheng Road Comprehensive Passenger Transport Hub, located at Puxing Road NO. 569 Minhang District, is taking up a land of 27612 square meters and connected to Metro Line 8 at Luheng Road Stop. It is one of the two Park and Ride testing Transportation Hubs in Shanghai, boasting departure and terminal stops of 6 bus lines connecting to downtown Shanghai and 500 parking spaces. Commuters can save the expensive parking fee in the downtown area and park their cars here and transfer to the Metro or bus lines for work. The project was started in 2011 and the hub has been put into use in 2016.
Minhang is currently served by six metro lines operated by Shanghai Metro:
- Line 1 - Xinzhuang Station , Waihuanlu, Lianhua Road
- Line 2 - Hongqiao Railway Station , Hongqiao Airport Terminal 2
- Line 5 - Xinzhuang Station , Chunshen Road, Yindu Road, Zhuanqiao, Beiqiao, Jianchuan Road, Dongchuan Road, Jinping Road, Huaning Road, Wenjing Road, Minhang Development Zone
- Line 8 - Luheng Road, Pujiang Town, Jiangyue Road, Lianhang Road, Shendu Highway
- Line 9 - Zhongchun Road, Qibao, Xingzhong Road, Hechuan Road
- Line 10 - Hangzhong Road, Ziteng Road, Longbai Xincun / Hongqiao Railway Station , Hongqiao Airport Terminal 2 , Hongqiao Airport Terminal 1
- Shanghai 2010 Population & Density by District & County (Qu & Xian) | Demographia Observations Archived February 21, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "联系我们." Yonghe King. Retrieved on September 19, 2013. "永和大王总公司 地址：上海市合川路3051号莱茵虹桥中心B栋4楼" Archived February 13, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Contact material." Want Want China. Retrieved on April 11, 2014. "Want Want China Holdings Limited（Shanghai Headquarter） Add:No.1088,East Hong Song Road, Shanghai, PRC" - Simplified Chinese: "中国旺旺控股有限公司（上海总部） 地址:上海市红松东路 1088 号" - Traditional Chinese: " 中國旺旺控股有限公司（上海總部） 地址:上海市紅松東路1088號 郵編: 201103 " "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 13, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- Home page. Shanghai American School. Retrieved on February 19, 2014. "Puxi Campus 258 Jinfeng Road Huacao Town, Minhang Dist. Shanghai, China 201107 6221-1445" and "Pudong Campus Shanghai Links Executive Community 1600 Lingbai Road Sanjiagang, Pudong Shanghai, China 201201 6221-1445" "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 24, 2010. Retrieved 2005-06-08.
- "Shanghai Japanese School HongQiao Campus." Shanghai Japanese School. Retrieved on February 18, 2014. "上海日本人学校 虹橋校�〒201103 上海市閔行区虹梅路3185号" Archived March 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Contact." Shanghai Rego International School. Retrieved on February 26, 2014. "159 DiannanRoad, Minhang 201100 Shanghai" Archived August 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Contact Us" (Archive). Shanghai Singapore International School. Retrieved on July 31, 2013. "MinHang Campus (Preschool / Primary / Secondary/ High School) 301, Zhu Jian Road, MinHang District, Shanghai PRC 201106"
- Free bikes solve commuters’ problems, Minhang Times, 25 April 2009
- Free rental bikes missing, SCMP, 22 Feb 2013 Archived March 22, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Minhang District". Encyclopedia of Shanghai. Shanghai Municipal Government. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minhang District.|