|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Minhou County (simplified Chinese: 闽侯; traditional Chinese: 閩侯; pinyin: mǐn hòu; Foochow Romanized: Mìng-âu) is a county in eastern Fujian Province, China. It is under the administration of Fuzhou City.
The county has one subdistrict, 8 towns and 6 townships.
- Subdistrict：Ganzhe subdistrict (甘蔗街道)
- Town：Baisha Town (白沙镇), Nanyu town (南屿镇)、Shanggan Town (尚干镇)、Xiangqian Town (祥谦镇)、Qingkou Town (青口镇)、Nantong Town(南通镇)、Shangjie Town (上街镇), JingxiTown (荆溪镇)
- Township：Zhuqi township 竹岐乡、Pengwei Township 鸿尾乡、Yangli township (洋里乡)、Dahu township (大湖乡)、Tingping Township (廷坪乡)、Xiaoruo Township (小箬乡)
In August 2014, 396 villagers from Qingpuling (青布岭村) of Qingkou Town won a court case against a waste management company. They were awarded 6,000,000 RMB in compensation. The waste company setup their medical waste incineration facility back in 2000. The pollution caused black dust or ash to contaminate the surrounding environment trees, plants, waterways and households. Residents had long suspected the cancer rates was due to the environmental pollution from the incineration plant. Government has offered relocation for the affected residents.
- "396 villagers win pollution lawsuit against waste firm in Fujian - What's On Xiamen". www.whatsonxiamen.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Fujian residents win pollution lawsuit against waste firm". Shanghaiist. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "China - Dirty Secrets - Foreign Correspondent - ABC". www.abc.net.au. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Chinese 'cancer village' scores rare victory over polluters". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
|This Fujian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|