From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In theoretical physics, the term minimal model usually refers to a special class of conformal field theories that generalize the Ising model, or to some closely related representations of the Virasoro algebra. It is a simple CFT model with finite primary fields and hence is completely solvable.
- In birational geometry, a minimal model of an algebraic variety is one for which the canonical line bundle is nef, in particular as much has been blown-down as possible. It can also mean the Néron minimal model of an abelian variety or elliptic curve.
- In algebraic topology, the (Sullivan) minimal model of a differential graded algebra is used in rational homotopy theory.
- In endocrinology and diabetology, the term minimal model denotes a mathematical model of metabolic control of glucose homeostasis via insulin.
- In set theory, the minimal model of ZFC is part of the Constructible universe.
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.